Anyone have any suggestions how I can get my hands on an Evo?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
it would be like getting it at a sprint store the mail in rebate comes to you. Hey, at least you will get the phone almost impossible to get anywhere else

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, Mr. 'Jedi', 6-8 weeks is definitely likely to be longer than the time it will take to get these devices back in at least somewhat attainable supply.

I'll hold off from calling some random dude to order the phone, that 'somehow' has the ability to order the EVO that no one else has. Maybe he's a real Jedi????

cruzpr89

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
He is the real deal and totally awesome. I called him today and he is a legit sprint corporate salseman I am going to be getting my evo finally! He is super cool and said to pass it on to people who need evos. Call him if you need one he is on Texas time.

Hey I also called Arthur and order my phone and stuff....I would like to know if you got a confirmation email?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Wake up nice and early and call every single sprint or best buy in your area. Be sure to tell them that youre a new customer. worked for my boy today.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Actually had better luck today. Called around and there was a Radioshack willing to put me on a wait list. With only 2 people ahead of me, it would appear that the next shipment they get in, I'll be all set.

I was also able to get myself on a 'raincheck' list at a Best Buy in my area which the lady said wasn't set up to technically hold a phone for anything more than a price, but they are generally following that practice in this set of circumstances with cell phones.

This definitely was a change in attitudes by reps I spoke with from when I was making calls yesterday. Yesterday, it was if I was asking them to personally manufacture a quadcore processor run smart phone with a lithium-unicorn blood battery. Something must have spread through the retail stores during the day today about how they can handle people calling for this device.

crankless

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm second on the list at my local radio shack, something tells me that radio shack isn't priority on sprints list...my local sprint stores just tell me they haven't gotten any since the launch date..my pre is on its last leg

rickthrust

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
we had the same problem here in New Jersey. nothing available online, nothing at BB anymore (unless i drive way upstate), etc.. i got mine 3 days after i decided i HAD to have one. i found 3 of (what i perceived to be) the highest traffic Sprint Stores and i called everyday at noon (which is when their deliveries come in.) they were getting one or two devices every now and again. i then camped out at the store that seemed to get the most in. now i have my EVO. my guess is the same thing happens there. just be diligent, you'll get one.

jcl_cls01

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
So you guys that called Art have any success. I am tempted to call the guy. I googled his number and he seems legit.

Call him. A day lost, is another day without the Evo. I bet you'll get yours within a week. I got mine in 2 days. Heck, if you're in the DFW area, he'll throw in a leather holster and car charger and he's personally deliver it. Again, if your Sprint account is in good standing, (no spending limits) no money is given up front; your account will be charged and you can pay the phone on your next bill. Art will even submit the rebate for you. Its a win/win for you and him.

jb23fan

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Call him. A day lost, is another day without the Evo. I bet you'll get yours within a week. I got mine in 2 days. Heck, if you're in the DFW area, he'll throw in a leather holster and car charger and he's personally deliver it. Again, if your Sprint account is in good standing, (no spending limits) no money is given up front; your account will be charged and you can pay the phone on your next bill. Art will even submit the rebate for you. Its a win/win for you and him.

I called him around 10:30 am his time and left a message, hoping to get a call back. I am worried about offending someone who is so generous :) Thanks for the info!

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure its been mentioned but Craigslist is an excellent option to try. B4 I was called by my local Sprint Store to pick my Evo up, I called several ads on craigslist and most of them still had an Evo for sale. Two of the sellers were actually Sprint Store employees trying to turn a profit. If you don't mind the mark up give it a try.

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I called Art 2 days ago and he submitted my order and I should be getting phone as fast as 3 days and up to 1 week. He is professional and courteous and works for sprint business accounts.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If he's a regular business accounts rep, why aren't there more guys like him out there? There's one guy, assumingly so consumer friendly, that can offer everything we want, and that doesn't seem too good to be true to anyone else?

Good luck to those trying this avenue. If most or everyone comes back from calling this guy and indicate everything went as expected, Art has himself a customer for future sales from me....until then, pardon my skepticism.

dpearman

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
getting your hands on an EVO...

Hey all,

I wanted to share some insight on how you can get your hands on an EVO. You might already know how to do what I'm going to suggest, but it's dealing with a "big box retailer" as opposed to camping out, calling and hounding about shipments and that sort of a thing. I work at my local Best Buy, in computers, not wireless. But, I do know that for people who want an EVO we do this thing called "insta-ship." As in "instant""ship." In other words, you call up, and we place an order for your new EVO over the phone, and it gets shipped to your house about 2 days later. It will be activated when it arrives on your doorstep, so you can keep using your current number/phone because the EVO won't be active until it actually arrives on your doorstep. As you probably know, you don't have to deal with any rebates through Best Buy, as well as we are just ordinary HOURLY sales associates. I'm not making anything off this nor is any other employee, other than their normal hourly wage of course. Point being, you can give my store a call, 608-242-0701, go ahead look it up its legit, I'm up here in Madison,WI. You can also shoot me an email if you'd like, that I'll just so happen to receive on my EVO, at... devin.pearman@gmail.com . I'm heading into work at 330. It might be easier to shoot me an email that way I can check if we can insta ship you one, and tell you which color, then if you'd like I can call you with the results. I believe we also have a pretty sweet deal going with an EVO car charger, case and the invisishield. Just let me know! :)

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
This would be a sweet deal, but that only works if your DC has the product to ship. I spoke with someone yesterday who initially told me the same story, but that was because as of Monday night, they had EVOs in the DC.

Those got gobbled up by Tuesday morning so now they are setting up 'raincheck' lists which I noted above. At least that is a way to get a call when a shipment comes in rather than trying to call everyday, which obviously is taking a certain amount of time from employees being able to help customers at the store.

Just calling your store location to verify they give me the same story about the warehouse being out of stock.....calling....and...as Kyle verified.....it is an instant process, showing 2 in the DC when I started the call, and in trying to verify every ounce of profile info, the two went poof. So CLOSE!

jcl_cls01

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Cruz/Jedi,

Art told me that you should be getting your tracking numbers for your Evo's from him as we speak. He said one of you will be getting your Evo tomorrow and the other on Monday. Please report if you got it or not and that this is not a scam so the non-believers can see that this info I provided is true and that I'm looking out for my friend (Art) and fellow Evo fans. For those that believe me now, please order your Evo through Art, he will deliver.

Last edited: