2 different notification sounds? HELP!

Punkidish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I searched around and could not find help with this, here's the problem. I changed my notification sound, but when different people text me, i get 2 different sounds? So i used astro and just deleted the old sound i was using, hoping my phone would only used the new sound, but now when certain people text me, i just get the vibration for certain people. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank You.

alvarezjpr

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the native text application or Handcent? If you're using the native application, then I'm not sure what's going on. If you're using Handcent, then make sure you turn off all the notifications on the native text app settings menu.

RRM707

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I know you can have different ringers for different people, but I looked for that in notifications,

& I can't find a way to have different notifications..........I'll keep looking too.....

The only way I can see that is if you are using another message app....

Punkidish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
im using handcent. I've had the notifications turned off from the stock messenger since i download handcent a while back, so thats not the issue. I get a sound from everyone else except my girlfriend. I even deleted her #, restarted my phone, and added her # back, and i still just get a vibration when she texts me. Everyone else that texts me, i get my sound. I'm getting aggravated, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress