New Froyo 2.2 notifications? or did I just never notice this..

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok previous to Froyo, I THOUGHT I only received an audible notification when new mail ARRIVES.

Now however, I noticed I'm getting a new audible event whenever mail CHANGES. Such as being deleted via the PC, or even changing from unread to read in the case of my active-sync mail.

This is happening with both Active-sync and google. And quite honestly is very annoying.

Sure I could turn off the feature completely, or set it to only notify ONCE.. but I do want to know when new mail comes IN.. but NOT when mail is modified.

Is this New to Froyo? Or did I simply not notice it until now?

anon28322

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine does not beep when mail is modified, only received. I did not do anything fancy or change any settings. Are you using the stock Froyo? or a custom Rom.

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Using a stock rom, rooted deoxed 2.2 from XDA. Nothing else added/removed.

But,this is very strange...

First, I noticed this only because I get a lot of automated messages from our servers at work for various errors, and I evidently didn't have a rule for one error type, to place them into a certain folder, so the other day I had about 20 emails in my inbox. I proceeded to open each one up to check the contents and my phone keep playing my notification sound every time I either opened one up, or after I started deleting them.. I even resent myself an email or two and opened/deleted those to verify the cause.

I did the same thing on Gmail.. same issue.

However TODAY... a few more messages came in (evidently my rules still aren't perfect heh). but this time.. NO SOUNDs when deleting or opening.. only upon mail arrival as it should.

The only thing I've done to my phone besides update a few non-mail apps, was I did restart my phone the other day to perform a nandroid backup.

I've No clue at this point what was causing the sound issue, or whether or not it was specific to my device or something within a misbehaving app perhaps.

Either way it's quiet and I guess it wasn't a Froyo feature after all, just one more 'odd' thing to throw about.