YouTube broken now?

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me, or does everyone else have problems playing YouTube videos after the official 2.2 update?

The widget is the worst. It can't even display a topic, gives me a connection error, and when I go into YouTube through the widget, it don't work.

The regular app is 50/50, works sometimes, pauses too much other times, and also gives connection errors.

Both of these above will happen even if outdoors and in excellent 3G coverage. I was able to play the videos more reliably before Froyo.

Viewing YouTube through a browser seems to have the least problems. Skyfire even shows it is buffering data first before playing. But still will have the dreaded lag every so often, argh!!!!!! Any suggestions?

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it is not an EVO only issue then. So the next question then is, are the other phones having problems also on Froyo 2.2 as well?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
In the YouTube app, I've had to put my settings on HQ and then it sometimes still takes multiple clicks to play a video. I have been getting the "Unable to play this video on your device" message, but will go back and click again and again and it will finally play.

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
As its been mentioned that other Android phones, at least the Hero, are having this problem, should the admin move this to the general Android forum? Perhaps this is a Froyo 2.2 bug and not just phone specific.

neutron#AC

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
My Moment has been doing this the past few days and it's on stock Android 2.1

I sure hope Sprint fixes it soon as I get my Evo today!