Network Error?

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can anybody shed some light on why my EVO won't load apps in AppBrain? For instance, the program will start and I can sync with Appbrain, but when I select one of the apps to view it's market page it shows loading then finally an error pops up that says "Attention - A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."

If I turn on wi-fi it works fine.

This problem happened once before a few days ago and then magically started working later so I chalked it up to a fluke.

With the wi-fi turned off I have network service as I can surf the net, etc. and the 3G indication shows activity.

Another app I noticed that isn't working right is Rainy Days. It will show the radar, but not the Google Map "underneath" unless I turn the wi-fi on. This has worked fine in the past as well.

I've done the usual cycle power and battery pull but to no avail.

???

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just found another one....the weather widget. I tried to manually refresh and got another error: Connection error - Sorry, but the connection dropped while your weather information was downloading."

It must be something local that's loco.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, thanks. I was just doing some poking around on the internet myself to see if anybody else was experiencing issues.

Nah, wasn't going to go as far as a factory reset at this point.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
yeah that's what sprint told me to do and then I couldn't sign back in. I hope they fix this fast. The work around I have developed is just uncheck all of the boxes in you google account/sync and then add your Gmail to the other email app that came on the phone. Then once or twice a day I just turn back on sync and then wifi and resync. Same goes for the market place just wait to check until your in a wifi area.

Just a question when did this start to happen for you? I went to bed Friday night and it worked fine Saturday morning I unplugged the phone and two hours later my battery was almost dead because it was trying to sync.

johnday23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I was having this problem as well. After searching the net for hours and not finding any solution for this, I started messing with settings. I think I found the solution.....I did a PRL update on my phone...settings->system updates->Update PRL after I did this the market started working great, again. Hope this helps because nobody else has come up with a solution other than a phone wipe and restart and that sounds painful.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe I first noticed it sometime on Saturday, around mid-day. Not exactly positive of that though.

Today I tried to refresh the weather and it failed but I tried it again and it refreshed so I never thought anything of it.

Tonight, just before I posted, I wandered into the appbrain app to see what was happening and noticed the same issue I was having on Saturday but it didn't resolve itself as fast as it did then. Tried some other apps and figured something was up.

I also noticed my battery was draining faster than normal (if that's possible!) and was wondering what had changed. I had installed some new apps on Friday afternoon and was starting to question whether or not something was being overly aggressive with the juice.

Last edited:

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Prl update was tried and didn't help for me. I'll try again, I've got nothing to lose.

Update, still a no go for me.

Last edited:

johnday23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I was just lucky hope the problem doesn't come back....I also did a firmware update but it said none where found. Good luck I hope that was the problem if not I'm sure it will come back to get me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89