Will my new EVO do this: orange blink for new mail, green for new text msg?

californian#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Finally jumped into the water and dumped my Tour for a shiney new EVO yesterday!

So far so good...but in my effort to get my new phone to do the things I *liked* about my blackberry, I'm trying to get "Blink" like notifications.

My question:

Is there an app, or setting that will make the LED blink one color when a new email is received, and a different color when a new text or MMS message is received?

It looks like there is just orange or green color options, which pales to blackberry's spectacular multi-color LED, but two will get the job done.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

**Edit/Update**
Wimax Notifier is functioning on my stock froyo EVO, and offers 3 color notifications(Red,Green,& Orange) from the notification lights located on the upper *right* of the grill. Perfect for getting a visible notification of new text on the right, and new email on the left. Here's the link provided by tryandls for convenience:
How to use WiMAX LED on HTC EVO for SMS/MMS notifications

Last edited:

Bizzare

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded it and it's a no go.. I tried every color and it stays on green and no other option works....I never thought of wanting it to change colors but now that it was brought up i want it I would like to have the different blinks that would be cool.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
This would be nice. Coming from my Blackberry, I had the app Berry Buzz and i could customize the LED a different color for every type of notification. I do miss that.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Wait...what!?!? There's an LED on the right side of the earpiece? Doesn't WiMax = 4G? I'm in 4G coverage and have never seen the right-side LED on.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah where the hell did that light come from, its gotta be photoshopped or something im in chicago and usually have 4g on constantly and have never seen that light. now im curious as hell!!! anyone got a video with proof

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Doing it now

yeah where the hell did that light come from, its gotta be photoshopped or something im in chicago and usually have 4g on constantly and have never seen that light. now im curious as hell!!! anyone got a video with proof

Works really well, uploading vid now. Will post it when done :)

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Best tip I have seen in ages! hope we can get at least mail notifications working on this other light as well!

lfloyd5

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

I dont have video proof, but I tried it and it works....I didnt know it had another light either lol.