DID I BREAK THE RECORD? mobile data via android handset

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me, or does using data not seem at all to be that hard? I pay for my services as well, and don't do anything that would be against the ToS.

wow, i smiled at became sad at the same time, congrats!

but yes i agree, not hard... did 5 gigs in 2 days

Last edited:

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Check this post out:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/51499-what-type-4g-speeds-do-you-get-3.html#post506059

in Los Angeles on a Mac.....

Pretty Cool....

Verizon 4G LTE:

From same location Sprint 4G Wimax Full Bars with EVO HotSpot:

As soon as Sprint puts a limit on the data usage, they will either be forced to lower the price (significantly) or lose a lot of customers to Verizon.

Verizon 4G is around the same price as Sprint right now, but it has the extra $10 per gig fee for going over the limit. So when Verizon has way better coverage, way faster speeds, and costs about the same, there will be no reason to stay with Sprint.

So for all the people saying (or thinking) "People using that much data are the reason we will get a limit on our data..." I say don't worry, if you are paying for unlimited data use it like it's unlimited. And if they want to put a limit on it, then they better lower the price or most of us will just go to Verizon.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I used a lot of data myself, but nothing close to what the OP posted. Lol.

Note: Sometimes executives from some of these carriers come onto websites like this just to see what's going on. So, please be careful in bragging about all these data usages.

They might just cut off unlimited data completely... :(

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Note: Sometimes executives from some of these carriers come onto websites like this just to see what's going on. So, please be careful in bragging about all these data usages.

See my previous post. If they put a limit on data, then they better significantly lower the price. Verizon has way faster 4G right now, with better coverage, for about the same price. They charge $10 per gig extra for going over their limit though. So Sprint better come in at significantly cheaper than Verizon if they decide to put a limit on it.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't know how true it is but I've heard about people getting their accounts canceled because of consistently going over the 5 gb cap, and the way it was explained to me when I got my phone(this was at a radio shack, so this could be way off base) was 3g was capped at 5 gb but 4g was completely unlimited...

Sent from my EVO on tapatalk PRO

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't know how true it is but I've heard about people getting their accounts canceled because of consistently going over the 5 gb cap, and the way it was explained to me when I got my phone(this was at a radio shack, so this could be way off base) was 3g was capped at 5 gb but 4g was completely unlimited...

Sent from my EVO on tapatalk PRO
This was a big deal when the Evo was first released... There is not, and never was, a 5GB cap on smartphone data plans, 3G or 4G. The 5GB cap was on USB sticks, data cards, MiFis, etc.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having problems understanding why people think you need the hotspot feature added to tether? I realize Sprint sells the service, but plenty of apps do it as well.

Is there legal wording against it? I've never seen this legal wording.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Executives don't have to troll forums to find out how much data we're using.

8er

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Actually he is paying $70 month for data.

Assumptions is basic everything data, rounded to nearest dollar, and no taxes

Voice plan 40
+ data.... 70 30 Data costs per month over a voice only plan
+ 4G....... 80 10
+ hotspot 110 30

Monthly total $110, $70 Data charges total per month.

He is spotting Sprint at least $110 per month [$140 for unlimited voice].

Guessing little voice usage per month given the time to move 50+GB/mo. Point is he paid $40 to $70 a month for minutes which was likely underutilized.

My estimate is Sprint is still making a profit on the above 'record holder'.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnanthRam