would you get a case?

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
We got our phones the first week they came out so I have had it several months now. It have been caseless since day one (it stays in my pocket) I was waiting for the otterbox cases, and they are now out. I haven't seen them but I assume they are bulky.

we got our phones at Best Buy and paid for their protection plan which covers damage.

do you think I should spend $50ish to get an otterbox case on top of the fact that I already have the protection plan, or would that just be a waste of money and make the phone too bulky?

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
do you think I should spend $50ish to get an otterbox case on top of the fact that I already have the protection plan, or would that just be a waste of money and make the phone too bulky?

It depends. In the end, if you have peace of mind as is, w/o a case, then $30-50 is a waste money.

Personally, I bought an Otterbox case on a 20% if you buy two deal. My brother owns an EVO so we both ended up buying a case. I bought the HTC EVO Commuter Series Case and ended paying around $25. Keeps the back scratch free and the plug entries covered from dust. I am happy with the purchase. But. For you, it may be over the top and wasted $25.

So....[shrug]....:cool:

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It's a tough call. I always give in at about the 2 month mark and buy a case. I tell myself I will not do that again as I have many beautifully pristine old phones that I never got to enjoy their true design. I love the EVO as is, but I just broke down and got an Otterbox Impact.

Good luck with your decision, I'm guessing that if you're asking, you're buying ;)

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
How bulky do the otterboxes really make the phone? I won't get one online, waiting until a local store has one so I can see it on the phone.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Truthfully, they do add some bulk onto the phone. But for the level of protection that the otter box gives, i think that it is worth every penny of it.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Truthfully, they do add some bulk onto the phone. But for the level of protection that the otter box gives, i think that it is worth every penny of it.

+1 It does add some bulk obviously since you are adding another layer to the phone. But not disconcertingly much. I had my EVO fall from office desk recently with my case, so I was content my decision to fork over $25. :cool:

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the silicone HTC case from the sprint store. It's cheap, has held up well, doesn't get too dusty, and most importantly it protects the phone from drops. It does also fit in my pocket with the case. I wouldn't spend $40 on a case again.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I bought a TPU case from DayDeal. I really like it a lot. It provides some protection and slides in and out of my pocket very easily (not like silicone cases). I know people with Otterbox cases, and those things are extremely rugged. I did not want the bulk. The TPU case pops on and off very easily, and holds it shape. It also adds hardly any noticeable bulk to the phone. Plus it was pretty cheap.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I normally don't use cases, my old Blackberry Curve only got a skin covering to protect it from scratches.

However, since the camera on the EVO sticks out so much, I ended up getting a case since it spends a lot of time on my desk while I am working. If they camera was flush with the body, there would probably be no case for me.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My daughter and I both have the white Evo that has the slippery back. Without some type of protection, I would have probably dropped and busted it many times over. I use the Seidio case mentioned a few posts back. It's already saved the day.

mstrowe

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Blinged out case from daydeal.com it protects my phone and its cute and easy on the eyes. It comes off easy as well. It's slightly raised so my camera is protected and it don't get scratched when sitting on my table. I have dropped it out the car and down the stairs without the case popping off or my Evo talking damage.

EvoOWNSu

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I paid for the invisashield cover and it was a waste IMHO. Putting on the front cover was a pain. And it ended up getting ruined during installation.
I have insurance. So why by another form of it if you already have it?

Sent from my rooted EVO

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have insurance. So why by another form of it if you already have it?

I have insurance too. It's the darn camera lens cover that bothers me. I doubt insurance will cover a scratch on the lens. I take very good care of my phone and got a big scratch across the lens cover. I purchased a new back housing (the red interior that houses the lens cover) for $14.99. That lens cover is soft plastic, poor design on the camera really. Love the camera, hate that cover.

I wanta run my phond naked!

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I do run my phone naked, and since I have ordered an extended battery i will be staying that way. It works for the way I use my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo