2011 Sorento and bluetooth

mflutterby

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
My Sorento has bluetooth but the EVO is not connecting. It doesn't show the Evo on the list of phones that will connect. Is it because it is so new? How long before this phone will work with this car.:confused:

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I would take it to the dealer and see if they can pair it if not try a phone store some one should be able to help you out.

nextelfixer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
check what phones are on the pairing list when you try to pair it with your car. The EVO will show up as PC63100 or something like that.

seraphemz

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the "make the phone discoverable" clicked?
I was having an issue with my X3, then i realized that I didnt have that checked.

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I'm pretty sure the Sorentos I've been renting lately have been 2011s (they have sometimes as little as 7 miles on them) and I've had zero problems connecting (or re-connecting).

Try turning off "Download Phone Book" in the BT setup menu.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Just rented a Sorento last week and was amazed at how well my Evo worked with it. Streamed the Bears game from RadioTime while in Florida for a wedding, and had a huge crowd around my vehicle listening in.

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I think I've spoken too soon; turns out there's two 2011 Kia Sorentos. The first couple I'd rented (with very low miles) were evidently "2011.5" models, which have the "Advanced" selection in the "Phone" menu. The one I have today (also a 2011, confirmed by the registration) doesn't connect to my EVO but once after pairing and does not have the "Advanced" menu.

I suspect that the OP's Sorento is an early-model 2011, and yeah, it appears is out of luck. Maybe the next firmware update will help with that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez