Scenes have ALL disappeared.

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the Evo 4G and today, after deleting some apps Using the app catalog, and updated Facebook.
Afterwards, my phone decided to lose all of my custom icon setup. (personalized Scene) So I go to reload the HTC scene so I can use that as a template and ALL of my prebuilt scenes are gone!:mad:

I did a search, and I don't think anyone has had this happen before. I haven't yet tried to delete cache, but I figure that's next.
Thoughts?

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
You have to save your work, otherwise sh*t happens. Next time go into scenes and opt to save. Sorry for ya, it's happened to me too.

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I normally save my work. Even the "Stock" Scenes are GONE. How can I get them back? Do I need to root and install a custom ROM?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
maybe sync all of your data (Google, Gmail, AppBrain, etc.) and then do a Backup just in case (MyBackup Pro or Titanium Backup). then do a factory reset and reinstall everything one by one.

good luck.

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
The Hard reset got my stock Scenes back.
It took me about an hour to re-download all my apps that I wanted to continue to use.
I suppose on the "bright" side, I've been able to purge some "junk" that I've been meaning to get rid of. I also took the time to run "UnrEVOked" to root my phone. Free Wireless Hotspot! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress