[EVO] New Swype won't install unless on newest OTA!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanfx#AC

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I am not running the latest bloatware OTA on my EVO. I am rooted on the previous version. However I uninstalled swype to install the new installer to get the newest version of swype and after logging in it says "Could not install, Reasons: Swype is now available on newest OTA for HTC EVO"

Um...talk about forcing a pointless update? Any ways around this?

EDIT: You can close this. Found an alternative route. ;-)

Last edited:

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about Swype specifically but say you wanted to get a system app for the new ota:

You can do a nandroid of your current setup, Install a rooted version of the latest OTA, Use something like titanium backup to create a backup of any of the new system apps that you want, restore your nandroid and use titanium to restore those apps.

deanfx#AC

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about Swype specifically but say you wanted to get a system app for the new ota:

You can do a nandroid of your current setup, Install a rooted version of the latest OTA, Use something like titanium backup to create a backup of any of the new system apps that you want, restore your nandroid and use titanium to restore those apps.

Thats also true. Thanks for the post! I'll probably give that a shot too, it is driving me nuts I have a update pending.

What part of queens you from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez