evo stuck in fatsboot hboot 2.02 s-off

ganjamatik

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
hey yall im having a MAJOR issue- somehow i got stuck at bootloader screen after flashing a rom- i then did a clear storage and now i am stuck at fastboot loop with no access to receovery to try and reflash a new rom- ive tried all sorts of pc36img.zip files to get back to normal but no luck- the last one i did was engPC36IMG.ZIP with that file i no longer am stuck in fastboot loop, i get the HTC EVO 4G startup page where it now just sits forever-also no recovery still- i just want to get it back to a stock room with root or no root i dont care i just really want to start all over from a stock rom-

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
hey yall im having a MAJOR issue- somehow i got stuck at bootloader screen after flashing a rom- i then did a clear storage and now i am stuck at fastboot loop with no access to receovery to try and reflash a new rom- ive tried all sorts of pc36img.zip files to get back to normal but no luck- the last one i did was engPC36IMG.ZIP with that file i no longer am stuck in fastboot loop, i get the HTC EVO 4G startup page where it now just sits forever-also no recovery still- i just want to get it back to a stock room with root or no root i dont care i just really want to start all over from a stock rom-

No problem, do you have SDK w/fastboot installed on your PC?

edit: or a RUU exe? and if so, which one?

ganjamatik

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
thnaks a million for the reply- i felt like i was alone in the desert and nobody within miles to ask for help.. lol anyhow android sdk is installed on my pc ( not sure what u mean if fastboot is installed exactly)- just to update u what i just did in the last 5 minutes was this- i downloaded
RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_release_171253.exe
i then poot the phone in fastboot menu- i started the ruu and it looked like it was going to flash- then when it got to the point where it said rebooting to bootloader it just turned the phone off and never booted into bootloader- so i took the battery out and replaced it and held volume down and power to manually do it - it went to a black screen with a huge HTC in the middle- i replugged it in and the RUU actually recoginzed and completed the entire flash- it said COMPLETE ENJOY YOUR PHONE- my phone never rebooted autpomatically though after it just turned off- so when i restarted it myself it was the same thing- frozen at the htc evo 4g page- when i went into bootloader i still have no recovery it freezes there as well but the RUU definitely chenged my rom version so im not sure what didnt go right- i apologize but i am trying to provide the best description i can for u thanks much!!

Last edited:

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
thnaks a million for the reply- i felt like i was alone in the desert and nobody within miles to ask for help.. lol anyhow android sdk is installed on my pc ( not sure what u mean if fastboot is installed exactly)- just to update u what i just did in the last 5 minutes was this- i downloaded
RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_release_171253.exe
i then poot the phone in fastboot menu- i started the ruu and it looked like it was going to flash- then when it got to the point where it said rebooting to bootloader it just turned the phone off and never booted into bootloader- so i took the battery out and replaced it and held volume down and power to manually do it - it went to a black screen with a huge HTC in the middle- i replugged it in and the RUU actually recoginzed and completed the entire flash- it said COMPLETE ENJOY YOUR PHONE- my phone never rebooted autpomatically though after it just turned off- so when i restarted it myself it was the same thing- frozen at the htc evo 4g page- when i went into bootloader i still have no recovery it freezes there as well but the RUU definitely chenged my rom version so im not sure what didnt go right- i apologize but i am trying to provide the best description i can for u thanks much!!

Alright, you can try running the RUU again?

what version hboot do you have now?

with the phone plugged in and on fastboot, if you go to your sdk/tools folder and type in:

fastboot devices

do you see it listed?

ganjamatik

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
it says S-OFF- however i just did the ruu and it failed at very end becaus eit said FAILED PU- partition update or somethen- so im stuck ate screen with four exclamations on on each corner - i just redid the ruu again and same thing failed to oped error- shoudl i try a different ruu? thanks for ur time i appreciate it much

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
it says S-OFF- however i just did the ruu and it failed at very end becaus eit said FAILED PU- partition update or somethen- so im stuck ate screen with four exclamations on on each corner - i just redid the ruu again and same thing failed to oped error- shoudl i try a different ruu? thanks for ur time i appreciate it much

I've never seen that error on a RUU...

I think you should try to flash a custom recovery through fastboot so you can maintain s-off and just pickup where you left off.

I'm trying to find the right armon ra file for you now, but you may have one from the first time you rooted..

edit: and no problem!

ganjamatik

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
ok kool but right now the RUU keeps failing on me so i cannot access fastboot- do u have any suggestions? i onky have tried this one ruu- it worked th FIRST time i flashed it and on th escond and 3rd tries i get that error

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
He had did the same thing I did i used the same ruu and it went all the way thru and it said for me tho all the way at the end was error file missing or something and I couldn't get anything to go or change but at least he can get to the 4g sign lol I only got a black HTC sign with the caution triangles and when I pulled the usb out it turns white and brings up my hboot screen and or bootloader white screen where you normally would see the 3 Androids with skateboards I got 2 triangles with this in the middle
! Instead of android on skateboard but hope you get out of the death grip I was in haha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ok kool but right now the RUU keeps failing on me so i cannot access fastboot- do u have any suggestions? i onky have tried this one ruu- it worked th FIRST time i flashed it and on th escond and 3rd tries i get that error

if you pull the battery, then put it back in, hold down vol down and power at the same time until fastboot loads up and you'll be back in fastboot.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure he won't be able to get there cuz ones I got the black screen when just trying to turn the phone on normally it just shoots me to the black HTC warning sign and when holding the volume buttons and power it still brought me to the same black screen the only time we get to the rambling white fastboot screen is when you yank the usb out and in Orange it says ruu and normally it would say bootloader or recovery those are missing you might want to see if he will take the risk or if you found a better way yesterday on typing in fastboot devices the giving him the right recovery image and.push it thru fastboot like you where doing that might help him cuz he is in the same exact spot I was in its to the t and all to familiar

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure he won't be able to get there cuz ones I got the black screen when just trying to turn the phone on normally it just shoots me to the black HTC warning sign and when holding the volume buttons and power it still brought me to the same black screen the only time we get to the rambling white fastboot screen is when you yank the usb out and in Orange it says ruu and normally it would say bootloader or recovery those are missing you might want to see if he will take the risk or if you found a better way yesterday on typing in fastboot devices the giving him the right recovery image and.push it thru fastboot like you where doing that might help him cuz he is in the same exact spot I was in its to the t and all to familiar

yeah i'm pretty sure he has fastboot access right now.

ganjamatik

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
yes sir it shows my device when i type fastbootevices, also interesting and also good news that i am atleast not the only person to ever experience this issue

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
yes sir it shows my device when i type fastbootevices, also interesting and also good news that i am atleast not the only person to ever experience this issue

nope, lately rooting seems to be hell with the new updates and all.

ok, do you have a recovery.img file from when you rooted the first time?

ganjamatik

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
darn.. im sure knowing my luck that this is something you ahvent seen before lol- i got this message with an error in it

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Ganjamatik>cd c:\android\tools

c:\android\tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (4080 KB)... OKAY [ 1.170s]
writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.170s

c:\android\tools>