Anyone experiencing annoying Swype bugs after update to new EVO software

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
First, Ive already unistalled Swype beta BEFORE the update so its not that problem.

The keyboard is a lot slower when it comes to responding to my swypes compared to the beta.

The tips notification keeps coming up even after I removed tip notifications in the options menu

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Clear Swype cache, reboot the phone then complain on Swype forum when it continues. But, no, my phone is more stable after going to update from Swype beta. No more annoying tips and the keyboard is more responsive.

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Clear Swype cache, reboot the phone then complain on Swype forum when it continues. But, no, my phone is more stable after going to update from Swype beta. No more annoying tips and the keyboard is more responsive.

I can't find a method to clear the swype cache in the settings

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had issues with Swype after the update that i did not have before. I was running the Swype beta (legally) and when the update pushed i had been reading about peoples issues with the new swype, so i cleared the swype cache, uninstalled and rebooted. Since the new version i have experienced swype just plain not working which requires me to change my input method back to touch input and then back to swype to get it working.
Also, i have experienced that when i am typing a message to someone (a text) that even though words are showing up in the on the screen, that the send icon does not appear in bold like it normally would and when i am finished typing, i click on the send button and nothing happens. I have to back out of the message app for it to start working again.

Both of these issues and a few other minor ones i have experienced since the latest update.

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had issues with Swype after the update that i did not have before. I was running the Swype beta (legally) and when the update pushed i had been reading about peoples issues with the new swype, ....

Both of these issues and a few other minor ones i have experienced since the latest update.
Good to post this at Swype they telly do work on improving the program though who knows when the approved version will be updated.

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Swype Beta was awesome and since the update on my EVO that give me Swype 2.7.49.12469 is has been such an annoying thing when the tip indicator comes up (every 2 words) that I've ended up switching to SwiftKey...

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The tip field is truly annoying but I only get it once in a while. Mostly Inm disappointed with the update cause I figure it's the last one that will make it's way through the htc/sprint maze.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm just having issues with it picking the wrong words and it claims certain things were "hidden" by words I've added words that I NEVER added to the swype dictionary.

Then I'll swype one word, and it'll be something TOTALLY different with letters that are NOWHERE NEAR the letters I swyped across!