?????At the risk of sounding "uninformed".... PRI? NV? What are they?

kenlperry

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please educate me by telling me or pointing me in the direction of a thread(s) that gives a detailed explanation about what PRI and NV are and what they do?? Maybe I'm just dumb(highly unlikely), but I can't figure out how to use the search forum feature properly. It works great for threads, but when I search a whole forum I get nothing. So anyway, any help with this info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

KP

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
NV is in non volatile memory (area/space) where Wimax, PRI etc updates are stored. It also controls data rates and bandwidth. There is some controversy about what PRI actually is but it stands for Primary Rate Interface which is a telco standard for how voice and data is handled between the user and telco switch (cell tower?).

kenlperry

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses... I had already loooked up the acronyms. I'm basically trying to find out what they are and what they do, since both are flashable items on rooted phones. evoKY has pointed me in the right direction. I'll keep searching... Thanks!

JSmith011

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

You may also check this video on what PRI is. It is based on Ozeki Phone System XE and it fairly explains PRI and VoIP:
ozekiphone.com/download-333.html

BR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress