A New All-Time High Battery Death!

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yowsah!!! You're gonna LOVE this!
Evo. 1800 battery. One of the 2 batts + charger from Amazon. (worked ok, but no big deal over the stocker). I was sitting here at my desk...nothing but 3g on. I had been charging it because it had somehow taken a dump down to single digits since this morning. I didn't really look to see what ate it, but also didn't really care. Phone was quite warm when it was dying.

Ok...no app killers. Enough memory that everything runs just fine but 60+ apps, incl a bunch of memory hog games. Haven't seen a slow down to date.

I was in the Sprint Zone and it showed an updated profile available to "enhance" my Evo's performance. My office isn't the greatest for signal, so after I updated the profile, I updated the PRL so as to maximize everything as best I could given my location. BTW...I'm here daily and it's not the lack of strong signal that made this thing puke...I get the same signal issues daily and it's never happened before.

So...the second the little doo-dad popped up from Battery Indicator Pro, telling me I was at 100%, I unplugged it so it wouldn't start discharging. But WOW, has it started discharging!

I rebooted the phone, plugged it back in and topped it off to 100% and unplugged.

Ready....with NO calls or use and only on 3g, it went from 100% to 76% in 9 minutes!!!!!

Took a peek at System Panel to see what was eating the juice. As usual, TONS of stuff running inthe BG, from eBay to Flight Tracker to FM Radio. None of them are on. All my music and TV apps are running in the BG too.

Now that it's been rebooted a while I'm sure it'll stop eating so much power since it's not actively running many apps.

Anyone got one that's crapped out quicker than that without monster hogger stuff running??

BJ

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea that happens alot. That personally why i do have an task killer (hate on trolls, hate on) on my phone to kill them off the bat.

Yes i know i have heard the rambles before about the task killer not being needed. I dont have the time in the day to keep on going into my application folder to keep on manually killing apps and if i dont use the task killer, my battery dies alot more quickly. I just keep it set to auto kill whenever the screen is off and i get through the full day no problem. And now with the Extended battery, i get 2 full days on a single charger.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
A discharge that fast seems very irregular. You either got some sort of rogue app using a lot more battery life for a longer time then it should. Or....your battery is failing/defective. Even under heavy use with the stock 1500mah battery, i never, ever, had a drain nearly that fast. I do not use task killers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty