Running two launchers - any problems known?

flamingpixi

Jan 4, 2011
www.bbrunch.com
I recently saw the gingerbread launcher (launcher and keyboard only, this is not an update - Gingerbread is not here, LOL) was available for download, so I downloaded it, I wanted to see it and see how it compared to the Sense launcher.

Then I noticed settings (such as wallpaper) for gingerbread carried over to the sense launcher and started to have some questions. Does anyone know if having two launchers running, and switching between them, has a negative effect on battery or memory - in terms of the phone (I have a new Evo) running smoothly.

Still new to android, so not quite sure how everything works together.

Thanks in advance :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Most of the users on this site use a third party launcher.having two launchers only drains when you are running widgets on both...
I recently saw the gingerbread launcher (launcher and keyboard only, this is not an update - Gingerbread is not here, LOL) was available for download, so I downloaded it, I wanted to see it and see how it compared to the Sense launcher.

Then I noticed settings (such as wallpaper) for gingerbread carried over to the sense launcher and started to have some questions. Does anyone know if having two launchers running, and switching between them, has a negative effect on battery or memory - in terms of the phone (I have a new Evo) running smoothly.

Still new to android, so not quite sure how everything works together.

Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: flamingpixi

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what Droidxcon said. If you have widgets running on both, your battery will drain faster then before. Make sure you clear out the sense launcher before you switch it over.

If you had not done that, go to applications, manager applications, find your launcher, clear defaults.

Then when you press home you can reselect which launcher to use, select sense and change the scene to clean slate and then you can press the home button again and set it back to your choice launcher. This will greatly help.

Reactions: flamingpixi

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to you both, That was the feeling I was getting. Now I'll play around with it, although it might suck to reset everything....anyway, thanks!!

Your welcome. As far as resetting everything you wont have too. If you clear the defaults and not the data all your widgets and icons will remain on your choice launcher.

From my Captivate :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa