Email issues

Quacker87

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey all had the evo for a few weeks now and when I first got it I set my email up and everything was fine. Well I receive emails fine with no problems but when I go to send one it says that my email settings are incorrect. I will get a notification that says unable to send email and ill have to go through the email setup just to get it to send the email. Is there something I'm missing here? I do not send a lot of emails but knowing that there is a problem kind of bugs me.

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My wife had the same problem today. Our phones and 3g connection have been bad since the blizzard hit us in Chicago. Could bad weather affect our connection?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey all had the evo for a few weeks now and when I first got it I set my email up and everything was fine. Well I receive emails fine with no problems but when I go to send one it says that my email settings are incorrect. I will get a notification that says unable to send email and ill have to go through the email setup just to get it to send the email. Is there something I'm missing here? I do not send a lot of emails but knowing that there is a problem kind of bugs me.
That can happen to the best of smartphones... hiccups even we get them sometimes. What you should do is, from your home-screen tap menu, then settings - applications - manage applications - all - mail... then clear data, cache, and uninstall any updates if available. Then go back to your email settings and log back into your account(s).
My wife had the same problem today. Our phones and 3g connection have been bad since the blizzard hit us in Chicago. Could bad weather affect our connection?
Follow the trouble-shooting steps above. It's unlikely that the weather could be the cause of that. You should be ok after following those steps. Good luck.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

Have you considered you didnt setup your outgoing mail correctly?

Since you did not provide any sort of details on how you set up your email, assuming you have pop mail and are usimg the htc mail client, pop does require incoming and separate outgoing settings. Its entirely plausible to me that you could have the wrong outgoing settings.

Give a bit more info, such as mail service provider, connection method, and server and port details, we could help you more.

Quacker87

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
My email provider is yahoo and I'm using the stock email on the phone. Also I didnt know you had to setup the outgoing part. How do I do that?

beardking

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I have been having the same problem with our phones (she has the Shift and I have the EVO). We'll set up our email like normal and it will send and receive just fine for a couple of days, but then it'll just stop being able to send ( but receives just fine). I have to go in and reset the outbound server settings again, and end up fighting with the settings for a long time. I'm using K9 for my emails and my wife is using the stock email client.

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem and then I remembered my wife phone doing it a while back.. just switch it from a pop to an IMAP and it should change the server ip and that solved my problem. I hope that helps oh and I did the whole clear cache and reinstall with no luck that's when I did this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez