EVO Random Re-Boot when playing games?

robiii

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem. If I play a game for more then 10min then my EVO will just reboot itself right in the middle of playing. Only seems to happen when playing games.

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If you overclock, it could be that you are overclocking at a speed that your phone cant handle

Or too low (unlikey as people tend to go too fast rather than too slow)

Swyped from my Gingerbread'ed Optimus S

cthulhu33

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The same thing started happening to mine a few weeks ago. I brought it into a sprint store and they ordered me a new one. Make sure you are unrooted with s-on and take out your memory card before you bring it in. The first thing the tech checked on my phone was if I was rooted.

robiii

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Phone is completley stock. Not rooted or overclocked.

Did you have insurance on your phone or did they just feel nice and order you a new one?

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The same thing started happening to mine a few weeks ago. I brought it into a sprint store and they ordered me a new one. Make sure you are unrooted with s-on and take out your memory card before you bring it in. The first thing the tech checked on my phone was if I was rooted.

Sprint no longer cares if a device is rooted. They will still do service and repair on them now.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
They may not care if its rooted, but it gives them as a company an out when it comes to servicing a device.
Also it gives the techs something to blame it on and not actually diagnose and fix it much past that.

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
That exact issue was happening to my last EVO. I can't tell you what was wrong with it, because it was never actually diagnosed. Every time I would take the phone into a Sprint store to have it looked at, it would NOT act up. So after getting word that the unit would NOT be replaced because there was "nothing wrong with it", I handled the situation as follows: I dealt numerous blows to the unit with a large ball-peen hammer, filed an insurance claim. Received replacement EVO....no more problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana