Would you rather have the Nexus S 4g?

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm was really bummed when I found out the nexus S 4g was coming out AFTER my 30 day grace period with the Shift. If you had a chance, would you have waited for the Nexus S 4g? I just love the amoled screen, you cant beat it.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC > Samsung
I think this should be in the general section btw.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
HTC > Samsung
I think this should be in the general section btw.

Yeah I couldnt agree more with this statement. I went from the epic 4g to my shift and I couldnt be happier. This phone really has been great.

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Really? I feel like HTC makes half assed products. They just make way too many phones. I dont understand why cant they have maybe 3 of the same phones for different carriers, like an EVO for every carrier, a better designed shift for every carrier, and a medium sized screen like the nexus or incredible i guess. Just stick with 3 different designs. With the shift, I feel like the space between the touch panel and the bottom is too big, that coulda been more screen size right there. I think the speaker is in a bad spot too, when i play games or watch videos my hands naturally cover it up when I hold it. Samsung does make lots of phones too, but they're phones battery life is usually better, and they're display really steals the show. I would take the Galaxy S II over any phone with similar characteristics like the photon and the EVO3d.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Really? I feel like HTC makes half assed products. They just make way too many phones. I dont understand why cant they have maybe 3 of the same phones for different carriers, like an EVO for every carrier, a better designed shift for every carrier, and a medium sized screen like the nexus or incredible i guess. Just stick with 3 different designs. With the shift, I feel like the space between the touch panel and the bottom is too big, that coulda been more screen size right there. I think the speaker is in a bad spot too, when i play games or watch videos my hands naturally cover it up when I hold it. Samsung does make lots of phones too, but they're phones battery life is usually better, and they're display really steals the show. I would take the Galaxy S II over any phone with similar characteristics like the photon and the EVO3d.

I agree but in all fairness I'd take a shift over an epic any day. That being said after using all 3 in depth the Nexus is the best phone of the three. Its going to be the fastest, best battery life, and quickest update. The only reason I could see for getting an evo shift over the ns4g is for the keyboard. Now lets see how angry everyone gets at this...

From Nexus with love

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree but in all fairness I'd take a shift over an epic any day. That being said after using all 3 in depth the Nexus is the best phone of the three. Its going to be the fastest, best battery life, and quickest update. The only reason I could see for getting an evo shift over the ns4g is for the keyboard. Now lets see how angry everyone gets at this...

From Nexus with love

No anger here. The Nexus is a really nice device, i just personally prefer HTC over Samsung. Mainly for the build quality and the development support. Plus I like having external storage..

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
No anger here. The Nexus is a really nice device, i just personally prefer HTC over Samsung. Mainly for the build quality and the development support. Plus I like having external storage..

The storage is an issue lol.

From Nexus with love

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I fell this way about samsung. They make a decent phone like the moment and once it ships they update it once. They make what could have actually been epic like its name (epic 4g) and they wait wayyy too long to update it as well as it has all sorts of hardware issues. Capacitive buttons stink and so on. I have had quite a few HTC phones and they have always been top notch. Granted some of them were plagued with windows mobile, but at the time it was that and palm OS or rim.

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay every company seems to have a bad phone or two, but I think htc really out numbers most of them.. they mass market too many phones to think about quality.. its more quantity over quality with htc. I think they're greatest achievment is the 3d phone, which I hear is real buggy and the sensation, which I think is really nice. I remeber when htc had like a handful of phones and now, its something else. The htc hero btw, I hated that phone with every fiber in my being.. it was terrible. Never saw the point of the evo, I have a 3.6 in screen on the shift while the evo I think is a 4.3? And its the same number of pixels?? I think that's stupid.. and the samsung brought in the best android displays to date and if you think about it, the only thing iphones have over android right now is the display.. or the look of the phone. Amoled screen is great competition for that. Usability is great on both platforms. Only other difference would be battery life.. a normal user shouldn't have to worry about brightness..wifi..mobile data..low signal areas..4g..rogue apps..and more to save battery life..all smart phones today should last all day with moderate to heavy use without the use of rooting or underclocking. Android over iphone all day. Samsung galaxy s2 is the greatest phone to be released to date and will probably be the only phone to give the iphone 5 a run for its money. Samsung is doing it.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

royluv

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the evo shift for 6 months. I absolutely hated sense. It felt so sluggish. Then the 2.3 update made it next to useless. I brought it back to sprint and they offered me the nexus s as a one-time offer. They never said why, other than that I was on some kind of priority list. I love this phone. It's blazing fast and easy to root.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the evo shift for 6 months. I absolutely hated sense. It felt so sluggish. Then the 2.3 update made it next to useless. I brought it back to sprint and they offered me the nexus s as a one-time offer. They never said why, other than that I was on some kind of priority list. I love this phone. It's blazing fast and easy to root.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
your so lucky.. im lookin at craigslist and there at about 225 the cheapest, not bad.. but just gonna wait maybe a little more for a cheaper one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non