huge problems!!!

MrJoseSanchez8330

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok I'm gonna start from the beginning of my problem. I was trying to get apps2sd to work. I partitioned my SD card but forgot to move all my info to my computer first. So this wiped everything as you all know. I was running DC 2.08 and after.the wipe my market stopped working. So I tried to load a different rom and all went fine til I rebooted after I installed it. Now every Rom I try won't go past the boot screen! I finally got one to work and its the leaked 2.1 option 2. And of course this wouldnt be a problem but now I can't get super user and can't get WiFi tether. What can I do?! And yes I made a noob mistake and forgot to back up before all of this :(

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Also did you format the partitions in EXT2, EXT3, or EXT4? IF you chose EXT4 then only certain versions of app2sd are going to work. That MAYBE why you cant boot.

hero992000

May 8, 2010
Visit site
if you wipe everything data,dalvik sd card partition and then flash your rom it should work when i partitioned my sd card and switched from ext2 to ext3 my phone bugged out on me i had to start over so i would just try that

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
create a folder called nandroid (may or may not be there), then another folder of your serial number HTXXX, place your back up there, restore it, then start over.

MrJoseSanchez8330

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
create a folder called nandroid (may or may not be there), then another folder of your serial number HTXXX, place your back up there, restore it, then start over.

Ok I have this. I put it on my phone and tried to restore it but it didn't recognize it because it wasn't in a zip folder. I'm using clockwork recovery. Not sure if theres a big difference between the regular one.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
On your SDcard theres a folder called nandroid, in that theres a folder called HTC8675309 or whatever thats your serial number of the phone. IN there is the nandroid backup folders and there are dates in the filenames.

MrJoseSanchez8330

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
That folder got erased when I partitioned my card. But I have something on my computer from when I first rooted that looks like its the original software. What looks to be the serial number is here. Only it starts with HT not HTC. Same thing?

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
yes, force of habit i hit the C. lol thats prolly when you first rooted then. drag the whole folder (nandroid) back to the sdcard. then you can restore.

MrJoseSanchez8330

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
There is also another folder inside the serial code one that starts with BCDMRS. Then its all the other stuff. But I tried this and it said it couldn't find anything. And after I do this am I gonna have to root again?

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
You couldnt boot into recovery until you were rooted. So no backups were made until AFTER you rooted, therefore no you would not have to root again. did you drag the whole nandroid folder to the sdcard? reboot into recovery, and nandroid could NOT restore? In the past did you use another recovery rather than clockwork?

MrJoseSanchez8330

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
No I've always used clockwork because I've always used Rom manager. I booted it into recovery and choose the nandroid option. Opened the serial folder then the next folder and it says no restore found. But when I open the last folder on my computer it just has like all the images. No dates other then when I put it on my computer.

spj

Android Custom Creations
Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
look,

you're gonna go crazy fixing something that won't work.My suggestion is bite the dust and a lesson learned we all go through that.Just start all over.Like the poster said above wipe everything and flash the rom and start from there.

good luck

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
No I've always used clockwork because I've always used Rom manager. I booted it into recovery and choose the nandroid option. Opened the serial folder then the next folder and it says no restore found. But when I open the last folder on my computer it just has like all the images. No dates other then when I put it on my computer.

Ugh, Clockwork sounds like a PITA (less options). I would flash RA's recovery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress