App2SD problem messed up my SD card

mannyvigi1985

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I used app2sd and I messed up the size of my 8 gig SD card to 2.5 gig is there a way to fix it. I also need to know where can I download APP2SD
I accidentally blew mine out.

barleysoda

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
You can download apps2sd 2.5...in fact I recommend it because it works better then the version that comes with most roms. You still need to partition your SD card ahead of time. Download the zip file and put it in the root of the card and flash from recovery just like a Rom.

You might have to reinstall your apps because of force closure issues but its worth it after you see how much space was freed up.

[Android] Apps2SD version 2.5

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
over the time, it can.
Here's a quote word for word of a very wise man

SD cards have a like of ~1000 read writes to any one sector. Move the dalvik cache entry for let's say the gmail.apk to the SD card, and that means you only get 500 times running it before that sector on the SD card goes bad. After a while, you have enough bad sectors to screw up the SD card, and even using ext3 with a journal won't be enough to keep it running.

To top it off, there's no way dalvik on the SD card is as fast as on the nand memory. Even a class 10 card is about 500x times slower. The only thing this does that's useful, is free up space on the system. Maybe if you had like 30,000 contacts you'd need it lol.

Google dev's say not to do it. Cyanogen says not to do it. Unless this guy knows something Steve and the dudes @ Google don't, I'd pass on this.