does anyone have hero with official 2.1 firmware screen????

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hi , i have the hero and have error code 67...it looks like the internal of the phone lost all internet function.i have no internet on the phone at all!!! i am getting a refurbish from sprint......what does official 2.1 screen look like so i don't have a partially rooted or hacked phone given to them

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
hi , i have the hero and have error code 67...it looks like the internal of the phone lost all internet function.i have no internet on the phone at all!!! i am getting a refurbish from sprint......what does official 2.1 screen look like so i don't have a partially rooted or hacked phone given to them

Do you mean the boot animation?If you mean the just the home screen then it should look just like the first pic on the first post of this thread.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-hero-roms-hacks/12575-kool-aid-2-1-new-leak.html

Last edited:

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
No I meant like when you want to check what version of firmawrare your running and you go to menu then about phone and look at firmware version and all that stuff I want to verify that my phone only shows official os and not rooted or any mods on device at all......my hero has error code 67 and I have no internet on the device. The internet has failed completely

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
No I meant like when you want to check what version of firmawrare your running and you go to menu then about phone and look at firmware version and all that stuff I want to verify that my phone only shows official os and not rooted or any mods on device at all......my hero has error code 67 and I have no internet on the device. The internet has failed completely

I get ya.
i don't have pic but ill type it:)
Firmware v---2.1 update 1
baseband v---2.42.01.04.27
kernel v---2.26.29SSays somethingHTC
build number---2.27.651.5 CL169236 release-keys
Software v---2.27.651.5
Browser kit v-- webkit 3.1
pri,prl could be different numbers from phone to phone.

TheNilvarg

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't even figure out how to get the 2.1 Firmware. I'm stuck at 1.5, and there is no upgrade available for download. I actually thought 2.0 was the newest, but that doesn't matter, since my phone won't let me upgrade.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
if you have a windows computer and a Sprint Hero...

The official update is located here

If you have a GSM or non-Sprint Hero, no update is currently available for you.
You can always root it and flash a custom ROM as a 1.5 user.

TheNilvarg

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
if you have a windows computer and a Sprint Hero...

The official update is located here

If you have a GSM or non-Sprint Hero, no update is currently available for you.
You can always root it and flash a custom ROM as a 1.5 user.

Yeah, mine is a Sprint Hero. However, the patch there says that it will erase user data. What data does that include?

Also, how do I get the patch from my computer to my phone?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine is a Sprint Hero. However, the patch there says that it will erase user data. What data does that include?

Also, how do I get the patch from my computer to my phone?

He linked you to the download for the ruu which is a exe file that you have to run from your pc to upgrade to 2.1 then after that you should get a ota update notice that is the new patch that came out.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It erases everything, but you get your e-mail and contacts back as it syncs while you're setting the phone back up, you can easily redownload your apps from the market (or back them up to your sd card with Astro File Manager). You will lose your text messages, but there are apps that will back them up to your gmail account.

There is NO way to get 2.1 on your Hero without wiping your information.