Thinking of switching from a 3Gs

Adrenaline#IM

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
The HTC Hero is being heralded as the "iPhone killer". I own a 3Gs myself, and personally think it will take a lot to beat the iPhone. However, I have always wanted an Android powered phone, but chose the iPhone because of the hardware and fact that Android was still relatively new. I hate how much the iPhone's data plan costs, so if the Hero can be unlocked to use on AT&T with full data speed, I would highly consider selling my 3Gs and buying the Hero. What are all of your opinions on Android and the HTC Hero?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The HTC Hero is being heralded as the "iPhone killer". I own a 3Gs myself, and personally think it will take a lot to beat the iPhone. However, I have always wanted an Android powered phone, but chose the iPhone because of the hardware and fact that Android was still relatively new. I hate how much the iPhone's data plan costs, so if the Hero can be unlocked to use on AT&T with full data speed, I would highly consider selling my 3Gs and buying the Hero. What are all of your opinions on Android and the HTC Hero?

I agree with your assessment that it will take a lot to beat the iPhone. Are there any specific shortcomings in the iPhone that you think the Hero might fulfill? For me personally, I get bored very easily and love to experience new devices and operating systems. For business reasons, I am forced to carry a Windows Mobile phone as my primary device, but tend to have 2nd lines/phones so I can satisfy my geeky side. The one thing I continue to be disappointed by, is the inability for other hardware manufactures to match the quality in hardware components that Apple provides. Based on what I've seen, I don't think the Hero will be an exception, but boy does it have a smooth UI. I am definitely looking forward to trying it out.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone it is near impossible to replace it with another device. I've tried with Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, etc... just can't do it but... the Hero will make a great second line for myself as well.

rjfabian

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Hero

Unless you can wait until there is a HERO release from ROGERs, in Canada, a full speed data isn't possible. AT&T uses a different frequencies, 850 & 1900, than the others. As far as I know only ROGERS is the only North American other user of these frequencies. European models as well as Verizon, T-Moble, ...etc all use 900 & 2100 frequencies. Since it is a popular phone, like the G1, ROGERs should, eventually get it. It is just a wait and see.

Pellam

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
If you approach it with the idea that it has to somehow kill the iPhone, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. You have to judge the device on it's own merit, otherwise you'll never see it for what it is; you'll constantly compare it to the iPhone.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
If you approach it with the idea that it has to somehow kill the iPhone, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. You have to judge the device on it's own merit, otherwise you'll never see it for what it is; you'll constantly compare it to the iPhone.

Very well said. So true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress