HTC One Sealed Battery

pulpdream

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have been a long time HTC fan and am thinking of purchasing HTC One but my only concern is..... how do you restart your phone when it hangs/freezes without pulling out the battery?

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have been a long time HTC fan and am thinking of purchasing HTC One but my only concern is..... how do you restart your phone when it hangs/freezes without pulling out the battery?
I'm guessing there's a button combo. Coming from an iPhone I wasn't aware people still had to do this.

josh3035

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hold the power button till the phone shuts off, that's my guess since the evo lte is lie that.

There were times I flashed a rom and got stuck at the boot screen and had to do a "battery pull"

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

integralus

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Same as the One X.
Hold down the power button until home buttons flash and screen goes black.
It takes precedence over any other phone function, even if frozen.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

pulpdream

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hold the power button till the phone shuts off, that's my guess since the evo lte is lie that.

There were times I flashed a rom and got stuck at the boot screen and had to do a "battery pull"

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

That is exactly my concern. I dont know if i can trust the power button once i start flashing roms and messing with kernel.
Lets hope the magic button works :)

Thanks for the reply

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If the power button doesn't work the last option would be to just let the phone's battery die out, forcing it to shut down. I had a coworker who had to do that with his Ipod touch.