HTC One must have apps??

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Love weather bug. On my EVO lte it has a native call blocker. Is there not one on The One?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

There is..it's pretty good. I like all the additional features available on the app extreme call blocker. Making white and black lists. Call or text bomb a number and other features. I'm the type of guy that doesn't answer a call unless I know who it is.
I guess my list is more of what my must have apps are .

Sent from my brilliant HTC One

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
There is..it's pretty good. I like all the additional features available on the app extreme call blocker. Making white and black lists. Call or text bomb a number and other features. I'm the type of guy that doesn't answer a call unless I know who it is.
I guess my list is more of what my must have apps are .

Sent from my brilliant HTC One

Exactly the same here. Don't know, don't answer lol

Ill give it a try, thanks

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Shawman511

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Of those 32 apps I'd say half of them had Russian names... that's reason enough not to download them.

Best Anti-Virus: Common Sense. It's free, but hard to find it these days.

edtaussig

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Llama Location Profiles - it's actually a general profile manager, I use it instead of a battery manager that I never found to be reliable,
it can change virtually any phone setting based on many conditions,not just location (just one example, wifi or hotspot only on power,
and you can also limit it to specific locations if you want), it's been 100% reliable for me.

Kandi Yams

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Glad I saw your review cause Lookout came preinstalled on the HTC ONE & the other poster above says it drains their battery but you said it doesn't do anything to yours so that was a relief!!

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Battery widget reborn

Is this working right for you? BWR was causing a bug for me--every time I tried to place it on the screen, it'd lock the device, then keep immediately locking it as you unlocked it--I submitted a req. to the developer. Worth noting I'm using BWR Beta, not the paid-for final release.

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing specific to the One, but here are a few of my must haves on any of my Android phones:

hammy2332

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have always installed anti-virus apps on my smartphones just for an added layer of security. I'm not sure if there is a lot of malicious materials out there that are designed to infect or damage an android phone but I always figured it was better to be safe than sorry. I've tried a few anti-virus apps, but the most useful I've found called Netquin. They have several related apps to optimize your RAM as well as call/text message blocking features, and an extension that allows you to hide private photos, phone numbers, messages and call logs that some may find handy. I think that most of its features are available through the native android OS or by way of your service provider, but it does centralize things and make them easier to set up and maintain, which is nice. I personally haven't downloaded any play store apps that were malicious but it does scan every app you download to your device for safety. I have ran into situations where it has warned me about a malicious text message as well as a few potentially malicious websites and e-mail links I've clicked on by mistake. I consider myself a reasonably educated user, so I avoid most actions that I think my be either harmful to my device, or potentially comprise my personal information. However, I don't think anyone can avoid EVERY potential threat, so for that reason as well as for less adept smartphone users, these types of apps can be invaluable. The only downside I've found to Netquin is that it does have some advanced or "Premium" features as Netquin puts it, that are subscription based. Small quibble, as the free features are quite extensive, but a quibble nonetheless. Unfortunately, since I purchased the HTC One and re-downloaded the app, it no longer allows me to use any of the free features. I'm waiting to receive a response from an e-mail to Netquin customer support abiut this and will update this post to reflect any new information if it is helpful to any other forum members. Sorry about the super long post but, hopefully this can help give other forum participants insight and information that could potentially guide them to a more educated decision on smartphone security. Thank you to everyone for all the help I so frequently seek on these types of outlets. Hopefully this post can serve as my attempt at reciprocation.

dmm5157

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Swapps! Must have. It's so nice. I don't use the usual home screen and app launcher anymore.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

I agree 100%! This app is absolutely the best time saver I've seen for Android in ages. I rarely go to my app drawer any more, it works flawlessly, is fast and intuitive. Once you get used to it, it's hard to imagine using the phone withouth it. Now that it includes Widget support, it's even better. I went ahead and bought the full version to unlock unlimited shortcuts and recent apps list.

L1V3RB1RD

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
hey guys i switched from a iphone (jailbroken) to a htc one, and on the iphone i had a widget in my notification center that was a screen brightness slider, can some one tell me if there is such a thing i can do on the htc one, still a newbie to android
Much appreciated

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Critical :) It enables you to to put your phone on silent but still take calls from selected contacts so that you dont miss important calls, Very handy imo

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
hey guys i switched from a iphone (jailbroken) to a htc one, and on the iphone i had a widget in my notification center that was a screen brightness slider, can some one tell me if there is such a thing i can do on the htc one, still a newbie to android
Much appreciated

Power Toggles that was recommended by someone has this feature. I just installed it last night.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
you don't believe in spending money in the play store? are you just cheap or do you not enjoy supporting the developers who bring us better and greater software?

I have never paid for apps, not because im cheap i pay for every single song i download. Just dont think that a silly game for my phone is worth $5 especially since when i buy an app, i play it for 2 hrs and never play it again. theres no point in wasting $5 for an app ill use once. Downloaded eternal legacy on my evo 3D for $6 probably played it for a total of 2 hours

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I thought we were talking about must-have apps, a quality app that you will use daily and will help make your life easier, not games that you get bored with. An app that makes your commute bearable, one that makes your office work get done more efficiently, one that might organize your digital clutter and bring you necessary information is well worth the small price we pay for a nice functioning app that a developer may have spent many, many late nights writing. You're just cheap...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress