Calling all UK/European HTC One owners... comments on the new big update that's just been released?

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

So any UK/European owners who have received their update for the One? It sounds like a pretty substantial update, would be interested to hear what's new/improved?

ETA: After a little more rummaging about, it is the 1.29.401.12 update. Apparently there are improvements to the Zoe audio and some fairly major improvements in image quality due to a bug which has been ironed out in the EXIF data.

Be really interested to see some outdoors daylight images, particularly with a before/after the update.

:p Robsa :D

Last edited:

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It's already out rolled out in UK and parts of europe. I don't mean the 4.2.2 Android update, I am talking about the 1.29.401.12 HTC update which improves Camera as well as other stuff.

Surely someone has it by now? Come on chaps, I want to hear what the camera is like in daylight with the new update!

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Heard about this a couple of days ago but still no update here, supposed to be ota direct from HTC . Apparently there are also some tweaks to Beats Audio in there too, yummy! Might have to give @HTCUK a shout.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Not for me yet (Orange UK), but loads of people in UK and Europe have received it, they'll be on here no doubt

Sent from my awesome HTC One B-)

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I just received it this morning :) I'll report back later with my thoughts on it, I can't seem to upload a screen shot from the phone but the update includes..... HTC zoe sound quality improvement, Camera parameter fine tuning, beats audio enhancement (I think that's what it said anyway) System stability improvements and general bug fixes :)

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just to add guys, Believe it or not i have not once used 'zoe' so i cannot comment on the alleged sound quality improvement related to zoe, I also rarely used the camera so iam probably not the besy guy to give a review on the new software particularly in relation to the camera BUT i do feel as though images are looking more detailed and with less haziness, Iam not sure if thats my mind playing tricks on me or what but thats what i think anyway, The autofocus seemed to be adjusting itself more frequently during pictures also i found but again let me stress that i haven't used the camera a lot so maybe someone else can give a better review then i can!!

As for the beats audio improvement, Iam not noticing any difference here! The camera seems to of been the main focus!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress