Anyone using a screen protector?

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I put an SGP Ultra Crystal on and it looks fantastic. I am wondering if it has made the screen a little less responsive. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Zagg HD Shield. I always use Zagg Shields. No issues on the touch screen responsiveness for me. I have had a one x, one x+, both with Zagg shields and never had any issue.

nrquig

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
i tried to put an xtremeguard on my phone and ****ed it up. i couldnt get the bubbles out and then ended up leaving a huge *** smudge under the middle of the adhesive protector

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I put an SGP Ultra Crystal on and it looks fantastic. I am wondering if it has made the screen a little less responsive. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I have the same one. Screen is awesome. Capacitive buttons are real touchy with it on, though.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak for others, but I believe it's the screen protector on mine.

So you think its more touchy with the protector on? I think everything is fantastic except the home, and back buttons.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a software issue as it seems to not happen all of the time.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
It's weird, I feel like I have to press the home, and the back buttons harder than the rest of the screen.

Me too..I had Zagg HD installed on my HTC one...look very great but make me press home and back buttons very hard....so..no screen protector for me...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I had a Zagg HD on it. Touch sensitivity on the capacitive buttons was negatively effected, so I took it off. My Spigen should be coming with their own protector, so I'll give that a whirl when it comes.

mge92

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the same one. Screen is awesome. Capacitive buttons are real touchy with it on, though.

If you put the screen protector completely flush to the bottom you wont have issues with the buttons. I first put it on flush with the top and there was a little gap on the bottom and it made the buttons work sometimes but if you put it flush with the bottom it works great

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Using a zagg shield. I got the easy instal one front and back. It wasn't bad to apply at all and is case friendly too.

ewgrosschris

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm using some cheap AT&T branded screen protectors, it was $10 for a pack of three. Fitment isn't perfect but it does the job untill i find the right case and protector I want. It did make the home buttons slightly more finicky. Just slightly.

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Ive been using spigen's since I took mine out of the box and from what I can tell I think the digitizer might be running into issues with the software. I dont think the screen protectors are causing things like the home and back buttons to not work, or inaccuracies in the digitizer itself. To me it seems like something in the software HTC can fix with a software update, but I could be wrong. I havent actually used mine without a screen protector.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87