HTC One in car with USB connection?

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using an HTC One in a car with a usb connection? My 2012 Honda has a USB connection which works very well for charging and play through with my iPhone 5 but not my Note 2. For some reason they don't do bluetooth streaming, only bluetooth speakerphone. Will the HTC one charge and play though a USB car connection?

DQSooner

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I can get my HTC One to charge but not play music through the USB connection and I have a 2013 Nissan Maxima. I'm not sure why it won't read the music files but I keep getting a message on my car display to "check connection" or something like that....it's odd and a little frustrating.

David

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why my 2012 Accord doesn't support Bluetooth streaming is beyond me. The USB port works great with my iPhone 5 but no Android devices.

Ya, that is odd. My car is a 2013 Chevy Spark. It doesn't even have a CD player, its media system is totally designed around using a phone or iPod. Its pretty slick.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's because Android now uses MTP for USB connections. Previously your phone would just look like a flash drive to a car stereo and would play music as such.

riche-rich

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I plug my one into the car audio via usb and all I get is debugg constantly coming up on my one screen !! Any info anyone ???

Posted via Android Central App

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Most all car head units are designed to work with iPhones and won't work with Android devices via USB. Just use bluetooth, ive found it to be a better option anyway.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Aux is no good for using the radio or steering controls to skip tracks. Bluetooth the music and charge at 1A from the power socket.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2