New HTC One TV Ads - What are your thoughts ?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
They've got the right idea now. In order to get the general public to buy in to the One, htc has to show people how it will improve their lives. That's why Samsung's efforts were so successful. They said look at this phone, how easily it allows you to capture everything important, yada yada. It's good to see HTC heading in the right direction. After all, for most people your not selling them the features of the phone, you're selling them the benefit they gain from it.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Now all they need is a Zoe/UltraPixel ad and they'll be all set. I'm really proud of HTC this time. They're REALLY backing this phone 100%, which is amazing to see as a customer.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Blinkfeed really is a surprisingly compelling feature... I'm glad they're calling attention to it, it deserve it IMO. It has become a central part of my phone usage.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It's been out for three weeks and a few nights ago I missed pretty much the commercial on Boom Sound. I watch a lot of TV especially on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday and that was the only spot I saw on One.

As for the OP ads, it good but not memorable like Apple & Samsung.

Also I would say majority bought it because of the Aluminium Unibody Design, so why not give us that?

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Not bad, not great either.

If that commercial showed while I was watching tv I do not think I would remover it if I was not a phone loving geek. It really had no emotion draw, I did like the tag line - everything you one... Isn't..

That's a slight jab a Samsung but still not strong enough to get the message across. Blink feed is a nice a feature but not compelling enough to drive masses to the One.

I love this phone but I feel it's success is going to be from word of mouth and its pure visual dominance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I do not think Blinkfeed is a "selling feature" of the phone. It is, to me, merely a feature of the phone that does add some benefit. I think the Boomsound ad was great. It promoted a selling feature of the phone.

Now, I think it would be best for HTC to advertise the social aspect of the One's camera and gallery. The instant highlight videos, Zoes, and HTC Share features are all "selling features" for this device. I have my iPhone friends demanding that I send them the highlight videos after a night out. The end product is really great, and the best part is that the work is all done for you in a matter of seconds. There are no apps, to my knowledge, that lead to such an easy and fantastic sharing opportunity. If Apple were to implement these features in the iPhone, they would promote them vigorously.

HTC has a great product in their hands, and I hope they get the word out to the masses. Why? Because if these features are accepted and demanded by the public, they will be implemented into other phones by other manufacturers. That will, in turn, produce additional competition and give us consumers more options.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I do not think Blinkfeed is a "selling feature" of the phone. It is, to me, merely a feature of the phone that does add some benefit. I think the Boomsound ad was great. It promoted a selling feature of the phone... The instant highlight videos, Zoes, and HTC Share features are all "selling features" for this device. I have my iPhone friends demanding that I send them the highlight videos after a night out. The end product is really great, and the best part is that the work is all done for you in a matter of seconds. There are no apps, to my knowledge, that lead to such an easy and fantastic sharing opportunity..
Totally agree with the need to pimp the Zoe and Highlight features. But I gotta be honest, that BlinkFeed is growing on me by the day and, judging from the forums, a lot of other people that thought they would rarely, if ever, use it. I wish it were a little more customizable than it is right now but hopefully that functionality is added down the line.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I do not think Blinkfeed is a "selling feature" of the phone. It is, to me, merely a feature of the phone that does add some benefit. I think the Boomsound ad was great. It promoted a selling feature of the phone.

Now, I think it would be best for HTC to advertise the social aspect of the One's camera and gallery. The instant highlight videos, Zoes, and HTC Share features are all "selling features" for this device. I have my iPhone friends demanding that I send them the highlight videos after a night out. The end product is really great, and the best part is that the work is all done for you in a matter of seconds. There are no apps, to my knowledge, that lead to such an easy and fantastic sharing opportunity. If Apple were to implement these features in the iPhone, they would promote them vigorously.

HTC has a great product in their hands, and I hope they get the word out to the masses. Why? Because if these features are accepted and demanded by the public, they will be implemented into other phones by other manufacturers. That will, in turn, produce additional competition and give us consumers more options.
Blinkfeed is definitely a selling point. It's unique to HTC's Sense 5. Whatever you have that your competition lacks is a selling point. The kickstand was a unique selling point for the og Evo.
HTC needs to advertise the design and materials of the One, Blinkfeed, Boomsound and the unique camera features, all in separate commercials. HTC needs to go all out in advertising in this manner just as they went all in with the One's design and construction.

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Blinkfeed is definitely a selling point. It's unique to HTC's Sense 5. Whatever you have that your competition lacks is a selling point. The kickstand was a unique selling point for the og Evo.
HTC needs to advertise the design and materials of the One, Blinkfeed, Boomsound and the unique camera features, all in separate commercials. HTC needs to go all out in advertising in this manner just as they went all in with the One's design and construction.

Obviously blinkfeed is a feature they should promote, but I believe it is a subordinate selling point to some of the previously mentioned awesome features. I was just surprised that it was the next feature their advertisements are focusing on.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Obviously blinkfeed is a feature they should promote, but I believe it is a subordinate selling point to some of the previously mentioned awesome features. I was just surprised that it was the next feature their advertisements are focusing on.
It sounds like you're not a fan of Blinkfeed and thus some bias might be possibly seeping in. Every time a consumer unlocks the device he's gonna see Blinkfeed. It's a home screen, so it's prominent. It'll be seen everyday. As I said earlier, HTC needs to advertise all the unique features of the One with equal vigor. Blinkfeed might be what resonate greatest with the public. HTC can't afford to not turn over that stone.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
HTC need better advertising in Aus! Fortunately the One is usually on the front display in carrier retail stores but there is no TV or other commercial advertising... unlike Samsung who has started advertising on free-to-air TV here.

I reckon that if I asked people at school, almost none of them would have heard of the One, or consider HTC as a company to buy from. If I did the same with the S4? Almost everyone would know about it.

Tom

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you're not a fan of Blinkfeed and thus some bias might be possibly seeping in. Every time a consumer unlocks the device he's gonna see Blinkfeed. It's a home screen, so it's prominent. It'll be seen everyday. As I said earlier, HTC needs to advertise all the unique features of the One with equal vigor. Blinkfeed might be what resonate greatest with the public. HTC can't afford to not turn over that stone.

Personally, I am a big fan of blinkfeed. I use it every day and always point it out when someone asks to see the new phone. I have to admit that it is not my go to source for news since it doesn't have the journal and other publications that I subscribe to. However, I make it a point to scroll through the feed daily to check out what my selected sources have to offer. Also, It's great how it implements the TV and calendar apps.

As said before, I agree that HTC should advertise this feature, but I thought that it should have been after a nice round of ads for the camera and its social features. For a phone that is bucking the MP trend and trying something different, it seems pertinent to get the message out first that the camera on this phone is great and packed with features other phones don't. Personally, I knew I wanted this phone after watching the HTC-showme videos on youtube, discussing the camera and its features. A consolidated, catchy ad showcasing those features displayed on the HTCshowme youtube channel would really be effective. Or at least it was enough to persuade me to buy this phone off contract.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think that unless I actually see these on TV, it doesn't matter how effective they are. I've seen several S4 ads, but have yet to actually see a single ad for the One on TV.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I am a big fan of blinkfeed. I use it every day and always point it out when someone asks to see the new phone. I have to admit that it is not my go to source for news since it doesn't have the journal and other publications that I subscribe to. However, I make it a point to scroll through the feed daily to check out what my selected sources have to offer. Also, It's great how it implements the TV and calendar apps.

As said before, I agree that HTC should advertise this feature, but I thought that it should have been after a nice round of ads for the camera and its social features. For a phone that is bucking the MP trend and trying something different, it seems pertinent to get the message out first that the camera on this phone is great and packed with features other phones don't. Personally, I knew I wanted this phone after watching the HTC-showme videos on youtube, discussing the camera and its features. A consolidated, catchy ad showcasing those features displayed on the HTCshowme youtube channel would really be effective. Or at least it was enough to persuade me to buy this phone off contract.
Blinkfeed is considered HTC's social product. The user can place Facebook and Twitter feeds directly onto Blinkfeed and get updates to both in real time. This Blinkfeed is HTCs attempt to separate themselves from iphone and Samsung S series. They obviously are inspired by Windows Phone 8 tiles layout. It's HTC's attempt to get the attention of the frequent Facebook and Twitter users. Instead of having to touch an icon on your screen to open Facebook, you can just glance at your screen to see updates and feeds and touch it to open should you want to utilize it. I'm not too sure camera features are too close to the top of the public's needs when it comes to buying mobile phones. There's no reason why advertisement spots can't highlight all the features of a device in equal measure. But Blinkfeed is HTC's baby and it will get top billing along with Boomsound.