HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I actually experienced this problem recently too. It comes and goes and is most prevalent in very bright light, like the lens doesn't know what to focus on and freaks out. Even when setting everything back to default it persisted.

I'm wondering if we're experiencing defective cameras or bad software, neither of which is good for HTC.

Sent from my HTC One

felyke

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged my HTC one for the galaxy s4. My unit was defective and every single time pictures came out blurry and out of focus no matter what you did. I got tired of it and the unresponsive buttons and decided to go with the S4.. A much better phone in my opinion. I really wanted to like the HTC one but the truth is it is just a pretty overhyped phone.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
My pictures have been great on my AT&T One. There were a few times where I hit "something" in settings/etc & I didn't know how to undo whatever I did. Therefore my pics weren't as good as before. And yes, even one time the shutter was extremely slow/laggy.
I was able to resolve these issues by going into settings & reset camera to default settings. So you might wanna give that a try.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, but if you make sure to tap the screen to focus or take Zoes, your problem will be solved.

It's not that simple, at least not for me. I always tap to focus my pictures, but whenever the blurriness rears its head tapping doesn't do anything to help. The camera seems to always try to focus on something different, and as a result everything is out of focus and thus looks blurry.

This issue isn't always present, but when it is it's very annoying and doesn't go away with manual input.

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It's not that simple, at least not for me. I always tap to focus my pictures, but whenever the blurriness rears its head tapping doesn't do anything to help. The camera seems to always try to focus on something different, and as a result everything is out of focus and thus looks blurry.

This issue isn't always present, but when it is it's very annoying and doesn't go away with manual input.

Same for me.

Has anyone actually looked at their photos on something besides the phone screen? I thought a few turned out somewhat ok till I did.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thus is a picture I took today.. good quality?

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Great picture. I guess my phone must be defective. This is the best I can do (awful):
IMAG0002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't give this thread much credit when it was originally posted, but...

today I did have a difficult time convincing my One to focus. I eventually gave up assuming the IR focus mechanism was being tricked by something. I took two bad pictures this way. Then for no apparent reason the third and fourth attempts on the same subject focussed perfectly.

I don't expect the average cellphone user to patiently retake photos.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I laughed at this. Lol. The screen on the One is gorgeous, but I actually also like the GS4. Colors are a bit unrealistic, but the saturation makes the screen look really nice.

Not as nice as the HTC though.

Posted via Android Central App

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
T Mobile says that they are aware of the problem and a update will be coming soon

Posted via Android Central App

Ditiro Sebolai

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I also have the same problem. I played around with settings but it didn't help. So I reset to default settings but it still doesn't help. I have never used night mode, Its definitely not night mode that's causing this.

I'm really starting to wish people would search the forum before asking these things... but anyway. The key here is DO NOT use night mode. Night mode is for pitch black darkness, or nearly pitch black-- like if you were using a single candle to light the room. Use normal mode for low light pictures but do NOT use flash. This came from a friend who works pretty high up in our region of ATT, and it works. Night mode slows your shutter speed down too much, thus how it can get blurry. It isn't necessary in regular low like (like bars, etc) because of the way that the camera sensor is designed to draw in extra light.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, definitely check the lens on the back - I hear the One is VERY sensitive to fingerprints and crap on the lens cover. Other than that, take it into the shop and see what they say. It's almost impossible for us to tell if its defective without using the phone, although I admit that it does sound like it's faulty IF the lens isn't grubby!

Good luck sorting it anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch