Google now stopped giving location cards for work/home

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
My google now was working wife until yesterday. Now I only get weather card and basketball (rarely) for my team.
THe biggest letdown I experience is that google now no longer shows cards for my home or work, and I dont know how to bring it out. Anyone knows if this is a bug or something gone wrong? I checked all location settings are there. Even saying navigate home doesnt do anything but google search.

I also discovered yesterday that Google turn by turn navigation is not supporting Thailand, I was like WTF even crappy apple maps have turn by turn navigation. Its usually apple and siri that doesnt support any countries outside of US.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you told it that the addresses weren't important to you. They clearing the memory and cache in app settings.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I would like to hijack a little here. Mine thinks some place I haven't even been to is where I work! I have updated my work location and sometimes it gets it right. Most of the time especially in the morning it shows the wrong location even though it's not in my places! It is a useful feature for me and it is driving me bonkers that this rando place keeps coming up.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would like to hijack a little here. Mine thinks some place I haven't even been to is where I work! I have updated my work location and sometimes it gets it right. Most of the time especially in the morning it shows the wrong location even though it's not in my places! It is a useful feature for me and it is driving me bonkers that this rando place keeps coming up.

If you use Chrome, Google Now will add places/businesses that you search. While not in your places, they're not random

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
If you use Chrome, Google Now will add places/businesses that you search. While not in your places, they're not random

That's not what I am talking about. Did you read my post? It is my work location that is all messed up. And yes it is RANDOM I have never been to the location it thinks I work at. But thanks for trying.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So anyone got a fix for location cards not showing up? yesterday I was on the meeting at 7pm and the card pop up to go home, then promptly disappeared when I opened Google now again in a few mins. Really annoying!!!!

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So anyone got a fix for location cards not showing up? yesterday I was on the meeting at 7pm and the card pop up to go home, then promptly disappeared when I opened Google now again in a few mins. Really annoying!!!!

Maybe your phone knows something you don't? Don't let it hear you talk bad about it, it might just have a little fun next time you use navigation. :p

Daniel Cordero1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
GOOGLE NOW LOCATION FIX on HTC

The problem got solved by Google people yesterday.
1. Just download the .apk file to your android phone here in the link ->>com.android.vending-4.1.10.apk.
2. Then open the download folder to wish the folder apk. was downloaded, select the apk and use manager of preference to make the installation in your phone.
3. Then restart your phone and The Play Store version will be updated from version 4.1.6 to 4.1.10
4, Now Google NOW is working...;)

Daniel Cordero1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The problem got solved by Google people yesterday.
1. Just download the .apk file to your android phone here in the link ->>com.android.vending-4.1.10.apk.
2. Then open the download folder to wish the folder apk. was downloaded, select the apk and use manager of preference to make the installation in your phone.
3. Then restart your phone and The Play Store version will be updated from version 4.1.6 to 4.1.10
4, Now Google NOW is working...

ggupta

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
it still doesnt work for me.

I have done the following :

1. Un-install updates, Clear data and Clear Cache for google search from settings > Application Manager > Google Search.
2. Installed 4.1.10 apk for playstore. Confirmed the version post install..
3. Restarted the phone
4. Google play store > search for google search > update

Now if start search... No card appears and even in setting option there is no option for Google Now settings :-(

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Google Now has stopped sending me cards as well.

Still hoping for a fix that works rather than what has been posted here already.

jjorloff1

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey, not sure if my solution will help anyone, but figured I'd throw it up here.

I was having the issue on the Nexus 5. Couldn't get navigate home or navigate to work to function by speaking. Found that if you scroll all the way to the bottom of Google Now, and select the little icon on the bottom that looks a bit like a magic wand, there are options in there to set up Home and Work if you select "Places". Mine were already set up and not working, so I just set them up again. That seemed to fix it! Hope that helps someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez