Group messages NOT sending as individual messages...

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So I have a group of ten contacts to which I send a certain type of SMS message. This is not Group messaging, per se. I just want to send this particular type of message to the same ten people every time. (Note: this is an official "Group" in my Google contacts list.)

Anyway, I'm using the default HTC messaging app, and I always check the box to "Send as individual messages" before clicking send. But some of the replies seem to go to everyone in the group, which is not what I want. Is this something on their end, or is there a setting on my device that I've somehow managed to overlook?

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So I have a group of ten contacts to which I send a certain type of SMS message. This is not Group messaging, per se. I just want to send this particular type of message to the same ten people every time. (Note: this is an official "Group" in my Google contacts list.)

Anyway, I'm using the default HTC messaging app, and I always check the box to "Send as individual messages" before clicking send. But some of the replies seem to go to everyone in the group, which is not what I want. Is this something on their end, or is there a setting on my device that I've somehow managed to overlook?

I've experienced this happening with iOS devices. See if that's the case first.