HTC One: Popping noise after EVERY sound action completed

coldjeanz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I didn't notice how bad this was until today or maybe it actually got worse today

Whenever I complete an action that requires sound (refreshing Twitter, refreshing Blinkfeed, playing a song, typing on the keyboard) there will be this short popping noise afterwards. When I hold the top speaker to my ear after doing one of these actions I can hear something going on in the phone like it's powering on/off or something and then at the end there is this pop noise. WTF? I turned off "Touch Sounds" bc that was causing it to happen constantly but there doesn't seem to be any way around this outside of disabling all sounds on the phone.

Please tell me this is happening with other people, I seem to always get the **** end of the stick when it comes to phones

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Popping noise after EVERY sound action completed

I have my phone on mute almost all the time, but even then when I refresh Blink Feed I do get a popping noise. I don't recall hearing it for other things but that's probably due to being muted.

Last edited:

coldjeanz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Also it has nothing to do with Beats audio as it still does it even when that's off

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It is the speakers powering down.. That's it. Nothing more nothing less.

Plus you'll only hear it if you're in a quiet area..

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

abojova

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

I agree with you that this is what causes the sound, but is this common for every device? Do you know some way this could be solved?
It is the speakers powering down.. That's it. Nothing more nothing less. I have read more less all posted on the internet about this, but still I haven't found solution...

Plus you'll only hear it if you're in a quiet area..

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I agree with you that this is what causes the sound, but is this common for every device? Do you know some way this could be solved?

I only hear it when I'm in a quiet area, but the more I think about it, I think that it is more obvious on this phone as there are 2 front facing speakers compared to most other phones that have 1 speaker on the back or side.. It doesn't really bother me though, so I'm not concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez