AT&T Software Update

adeath

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else get a software update from AT&T today, or recently? I rebooted my phone, and when it came back on it downloaded and installed a 256mb update. Only difference I can tell so far is the splash screen looks different when the phone powers on. This is my first Android device, as I recently switched from an iPhone 5 (and every one before that), so I didn't know what to expect.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Android updates aren't always a big deal. This one updated radio bands to give you better signal. There are a lot of under the hood changes that can go on without a full version update the way iPhone does it. Security fixes can be pushed this way as well.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get a software update from AT&T today, or recently? I rebooted my phone, and when it came back on it downloaded and installed a 256mb update. Only difference I can tell so far is the splash screen looks different when the phone powers on. This is my first Android device, as I recently switched from an iPhone 5 (and every one before that), so I didn't know what to expect.

Scott covered it well. Smaller updates usually are behind the scenes.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I got tired of waiting, and with a little nudging from an admin here :)-)) I rooted and updated to 4.2.2. Tired of waiting for these idiots to determine what bloatware they'll put on MY phone!