HTC One - Can we get some case reviews - now several months in?

pete6032

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Those of us who bought our ONEs 30+ days ago probably have a good opinion of their current cases. I think the original case thread was great. I'm just wondering if we can get some user updates on their case purchase - how it has held up, whether its still in use, etc. I will start.

I bought the Incipio Dualpro shine and have been using it since April. I love the case thus far. I was originally worried about the aluminum finish coming off, but it has done very well. Its really scratched up on the back but that's because I'm not as careful with the phone as I would be if it didn't have a case. I've dropped the phone a couple of times and had it land face down only to be OK with no scratches since the front of the case has a bezel that protrudes up and out. My own gripe about this case is that it makes it hard to hit the power button.

Here is a picture after several months of wear - not in that bad of shape.

m6hYymq.jpg

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Incipio Feather since I bought the One almost three months ago. I exchange it with Urban Armor Gear Outland and Aero cases. The Feather has been pretty solid and the smudges I wrote about on my review are not that big a deal, but I wish the finish of the back was more smudge-proof. The Feather is my favorite line of thin cases for phones.

Urban Armor Gear cases are truly awesome. I first bought the Outland (Orange) but it reflected the flash when taking photos and UAG sent me the Aero (Dark Blue) which doesn't have this problem. I've only been using both for a little more than a month but the build quality is superb and it really helps that the cases have tiny squids (for lack of a better word) on the back corners to keep it from touching surfaces avoiding scratches on the back. I'm sure they will last a long time.

I'm not going to post photos here to keep the thread clean, but here are the links to reviews I wrote for the Incipio Feather and the Urban Armor Gear cases if anyone is interested in photos (I posted a ton).

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
using otterbox defender. adds some bulk to the phone. it is necessary, tho.
working in an environment that has a lot of tight spaces, i'm glad i have this
on the phome.

lerxst_x

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Originally used the Otterbox defender, no doubt that it provides good protection, however I feel that the screen protector is horrible. The large holes in the top and bottom of the protector allow dust and debris to get between the protector and the screen. I had to remove the case almost daily to clean it. We complained to Otterbox and they replaced the defender with a commuter, which is much better, in my opinion. I do miss the belt clip sometimes, however.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
After only having the phone a short time I realized that I would need a case for this incredibly slick device. The weight+aluminum finish equals a slip out of the hand waiting to happen. I got the TriColor case from china and it has been a very nice case. It was supposed to be Red/White/Red but came in Red/Gray/Red which at first I was a little ticked off about but after seeing it I realized that Gray was probably the better way to go just because it shows less grim than the White would have. Plus it's OSU colors... Go Bucks! I've had no problems with the case. It hasn't received much damage, yet, and the texture, not much of anything really, gives me a better feel of being able to hold onto the phone. I do have one small nick in the front lip that I can't explain, since I keep it facing my leg in my pocket. No real gripes about it except the holes in the speaker area tend to get stuff in them. Better my case than the actual speakers though, right. I do wish it had a cover for the USB and the headphone jack, because of the stuff that ends up in them too. Overall the case has cleaned up anytime I've gotten something on it and it doesn't add much bulk. For my 20 bucks and 2 week wait it has been a very good case.

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Originally used the Otterbox defender, no doubt that it provides good protection, however I feel that the screen protector is horrible. The large holes in the top and bottom of the protector allow dust and debris to get between the protector and the screen. I had to remove the case almost daily to clean it. We complained to Otterbox and they replaced the defender with a commuter, which is much better, in my opinion. I do miss the belt clip sometimes, however.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free

true. that is my only issue as well. the dust.

btw, like your username. must be a rush fan.

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the UAG in Orange. I have read some individuals have had issues using the camera flash (orange aura in low light situations), but I have had zero issues personally after testing under various lighting conditions. Great drop protection (unfortunately tested this on day 3 of having the case on phone), great grip, doesn't dramatically increase size of the phone. Love the way it looks and feels, despite plasticizing a metal phone that was beautiful to begin with. ONLY issue is that it makes the power button slightly harder to push, enough so that I often have to try twice to hit it.

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the poetic atmosphere case mine. Does a pretty good job as a shell and being transparent. It has a crack though at the corner but it comes with warranty pretty sure.
ytasu6em.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk now Free

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Double Dip Flip case has held up well but isn't great in a fall. Front opened and phone was scratched.
Seidio Ledger is a bit sturdier but doesn't act as a stand. Also stains quite easily. I even tried to Scotch Guard it and it didn't work. It also allowed damage to the phone in a short drop.
I haven't tried any other cases yet.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
using otterbox defender. adds some bulk to the phone. it is necessary, tho.
working in an environment that has a lot of tight spaces, i'm glad i have this
on the phome.

I also have the defender box in black but having an issue. ! And it's genuine. Got it at Best Buy. Made in USA. Not China knock off. At the top left corner where the power button is, the Silicone cover doesn't seem to sit in the groove very well. Kind of pops up. Looks like the silicone is warped. Is yours the same. I thought maybe it's because of the power button is cut out there. But just wanted a second opinion. Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
cases.jpgI'm using the Seidio Active Case with kickstand in Royal Blue flavor. I've had it since my One was shipped about 41/2 months. And I'm still loving it. One thing that does impress is the fact that I take it out of the case on a daily basis to use the device in my HTC carkit. And it hasnt lost its shape or ability to fully cover and contour to the device. Its still feels as tight and secure as it did the day I got it. I had expected to eventually start to feel loose and unsecured but it hasnt. Even though I take it off and put it on very often.

Last edited:

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Otterbox Defender since I bough the phone in June. I hated the way they did the screen protector, so I took off the screen protector and used a zagg invisi-shield instead.
The otterbox saved me the other day when the phone fell off my lap as I got up from the chair and landed on the screen side and I accidentally kicked it and dragged across concrete. Due to the fact that the otterbox has a substantial thickness that protects above the screen, only the otterbox plastic got a little scratched, instead of the screen!!!...

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Happy with the matte black incipio feather on my black One, or no case at all...
The fit (following the curve of the back) is nice and weight nearly non existent .

Last edited:

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I use a UAG when I'm going to be "active." I also like to use Poetic's flip case. It is very slim and offers decent protection. It's a wallet style case. I was very pleasantly surprised. It makes holding the phone very comfortable in landscape.

Posted via Android Central App