Visit site
Hi All,

Help required with my HTC One 801n.

The phone details
M7 UL
Hboot 1.54
Radio 4A.17.3250.14
CID HTC_001

The phone was unlocked and rooted shortly after I bought it in July. I was using a Google edition Revolution HD 22 Rom, but I decided to try a CM10.2 ROM and this is where it all started to go wrong. I downloaded the CM Rom and started to flash it on my phone but I got a boot loop with a different screen repeating over the recovery screen so I tried to wipe it and reflash but in doing so I deleted everything. At that time I could get into the recovery screen where it said there wasn?t a ROM installed, so I tried flashing the ROM again but this time I can only get into the boot loader and Fastboot, with option into recovery.

Things I have tried
In fastboot I can type cmds such as ?devises, reboot_bootloader, fastboot oem readcid, without a problem, but if I try to flash a image or zip file it doesn?t recognise the command or file. I receive a message ?unknown partition & error : cannot determine image file name?
If I try cmd ?fastboot oem rebootRUU.? The phone screen changes to a dark screen with HTC

So in summary I haven?t a clue how to sort the phone out so any help would be appreciated.

Also if I try to go into recovery it just stays on the screen ?entering recovery?

keifusrahn

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
  1. Power down your phone. Turn it back on and boot into Recovery mode. This is a bit different for every phone, so you'll have to Google how to do it for your specific model. Usually it involves holding down another button, like Volume Down, as you turn your phone on. HTC phones will have to then select "Recovery" from a menu, while other phones will boot directly into ClockworkMod. You'll know you're in ClockworkMod by the words "ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top of the screen.
  2. Use your volume keys to navigate the menus, and your power button to select menu items. Scroll down to Advanced, and choose "Wipe Dalvik Cache". When that's finished, go back to the main screen and choose "Wipe Cache Partition". Lastly, head to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset". This will delete all your settings and apps, but you should still be using the correct ROM.
  3. Reboot your phone.
With any luck, it should boot right into your ROM. If that didn't work, try with the same ROM (or with a different ROM) and see if you get different results.

if you boot up your phone, it might go straight into the bootloader?check to see whether you can choose "Recovery" from the list before continuing to the next step. HTC phones usually don't boot straight into recovery.
P
In this case, you'll want to reflash the ROM from scratch. Try again with the ROM that messed up your phone, if you so choose, but if that doesn't work, try an entirely different ROM. The best way to do this is to download a ROM from somewhere on the net and putting it on your SD card. You'll need to take the SD card out of your phone, and you'll need an SD card reader that you can plug into your computer. Here's how it works:
P

1. Plug the SD card into your computer. Drag the ROM's ZIP file to your SD card, and wait for it to copy.
  2. When it's done copying, eject the SD card and put it back in your phone. Reboot into Recovery mode. This is a bit different for every phone, so you'll have to Google how to do it for your specific model. Usually it involves holding down another button, like Volume Down, as you turn your phone on. HTC phones will have to then select "Recovery" from a menu, while other phones will boot directly into ClockworkMod. You'll know you're in ClockworkMod by the words "ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top of the screen.
  3. Use your volume keys to navigate the menus, and your power button to select menu items. Scroll down to "Install ZIP From SD Card" and navigate to the ZIP file you just copied over. Give it time to flash the ROM.
  4. When it's done, reboot your phone.
Hopefully, your phone should successfully boot into the new ROM. From there, you can probably assume that the previous ROM that messed up your phone isn't going to work, and you'll have to find another ROM for now?or find another copy of that ROM that isn't corrupted. Remember to make backups of your working ROMs so you don't lose all your data!

HTC phones can flash stock ROMs, known as RUUs, right from the phone's bootloader. You'll need to Google around for your device's specific RUU file, but once you download it, save the ZIP file to your SD card, and rename it (to something like PG05IMG.zip?the download page for the RUU file should specify which filename is required), booting up your phone should automatically flash the stock ROM from HBOOT, HTC's bootloader.

keifusrahn

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
tried that but I could only manage to relock the bootloader with it
You can try what I posted before this or this guide or my Bootloop/Unbrick Guide "Unbrick is at the bottom of Bootloop Guide. hope it helps. If you still have any trouble P.M me @ xda-developers - View Profile: keifus.rahn

HTC ONE X= http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/325612-guide-htc-one-repair-guide.html

Bootloop/Unbrick= http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/325316-guide-bootloop-recovery-noob-friendly.html

raj patel7

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
  1. Power down your phone. Turn it back on and boot into Recovery mode. This is a bit different for every phone, so you'll have to Google how to do it for your specific model. Usually it involves holding down another button, like Volume Down, as you turn your phone on. HTC phones will have to then select "Recovery" from a menu, while other phones will boot directly into ClockworkMod. You'll know you're in ClockworkMod by the words "ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top of the screen.
  2. Use your volume keys to navigate the menus, and your power button to select menu items. Scroll down to Advanced, and choose "Wipe Dalvik Cache". When that's finished, go back to the main screen and choose "Wipe Cache Partition". Lastly, head to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset". This will delete all your settings and apps, but you should still be using the correct ROM.
  3. Reboot your phone.
With any luck, it should boot right into your ROM. If that didn't work, try with the same ROM (or with a different ROM) and see if you get different results.

if you boot up your phone, it might go straight into the bootloader—check to see whether you can choose "Recovery" from the list before continuing to the next step. HTC phones usually don't boot straight into recovery.
P
In this case, you'll want to reflash the ROM from scratch. Try again with the ROM that messed up your phone, if you so choose, but if that doesn't work, try an entirely different ROM. The best way to do this is to download a ROM from somewhere on the net and putting it on your SD card. You'll need to take the SD card out of your phone, and you'll need an SD card reader that you can plug into your computer. Here's how it works:
P

1. Plug the SD card into your computer. Drag the ROM's ZIP file to your SD card, and wait for it to copy.
  2. When it's done copying, eject the SD card and put it back in your phone. Reboot into Recovery mode. This is a bit different for every phone, so you'll have to Google how to do it for your specific model. Usually it involves holding down another button, like Volume Down, as you turn your phone on. HTC phones will have to then select "Recovery" from a menu, while other phones will boot directly into ClockworkMod. You'll know you're in ClockworkMod by the words "ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top of the screen.
  3. Use your volume keys to navigate the menus, and your power button to select menu items. Scroll down to "Install ZIP From SD Card" and navigate to the ZIP file you just copied over. Give it time to flash the ROM.
  4. When it's done, reboot your phone.
Hopefully, your phone should successfully boot into the new ROM. From there, you can probably assume that the previous ROM that messed up your phone isn't going to work, and you'll have to find another ROM for now—or find another copy of that ROM that isn't corrupted. Remember to make backups of your working ROMs so you don't lose all your data!

HTC phones can flash stock ROMs, known as RUUs, right from the phone's bootloader. You'll need to Google around for your device's specific RUU file, but once you download it, save the ZIP file to your SD card, and rename it (to something like PG05IMG.zip—the download page for the RUU file should specify which filename is required), booting up your phone should automatically flash the stock ROM from HBOOT, HTC's bootloader.
You cannot insert an ad card in a htc one and I have no back up or anything, I can't even use recovery mode backup. Please help .

raj patel7

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
You can try what I posted before this or this guide or my Bootloop/Unbrick Guide "Unbrick is at the bottom of Bootloop Guide. hope it helps. If you still have any trouble P.M me @ xda-developers - View Profile: keifus.rahn

HTC ONE X= http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/325612-guide-htc-one-repair-guide.html

Bootloop/Unbrick= http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/325316-guide-bootloop-recovery-noob-friendly.html
I am using an htc one not a htc one x

kensley2011

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a HTC one max with no os. I need help
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
T6WHL PVT SHIP S-ON
H-BOOT-2. 49 . 0000
RADIO 1.48.50.0425
OPENDSP-v33.120.274_T6.0829
QSC-
OS-3.02.651.5
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Apr 28 2014 15:06: 18.0

Darryl Urquhart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
hi. did anyone ever fix the problem? i've tried fastboot flashing recoveries (error message) tried adb sideloading, i'm stumped at that because there is no external sd card. have also tried flashing ruu files from htc one guru via hassoons toolkit. but the one i need is a broken file and i cant find a useful one. cid:htc_001,modelid: pn0710000. any help would be muchly appreciated as its bugging me lol

Last edited:

packforkids

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

I can say what I did to brick 2 of my HTC One. The first phone bricked after installing a international Rom. Needless to say it never booted up again. Continuous boot loop. I tried for weeks to try to fix it to no avail. Finally I have up. It went to cell gravesite. More recently, after rooting the phone & installing custom boot loader, I accidentally erased the stock o.s. To fix it I ruu back to stock. I hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

I can say what I did to brick 2 of my HTC One. The first phone bricked after installing a international Rom. Needless to say it never booted up again. Continuous boot loop. I tried for weeks to try to fix it to no avail. Finally I have up. It went to cell gravesite. More recently, after rooting the phone & installing custom boot loader, I accidentally erased the stock o.s. To fix it I ruu back to stock. I hope this helps.