Contacts Disappeared

StarDweller

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I got an HTC One two days ago and transferred my contacts, music and photos from my old phone (a Samsung Galaxy S) using the HTC Transfer tool. It worked like a charm - or so I thought. After trying to send a text today, my entire contact list was completely gone, and the phone is telling me it has zero contacts stored in either phone storage or on the SIM card. The contacts were there four hours ago. My call history is also deleted, but my texts messages are still saved. Even stranger is that the photos and music that were transferred are still there. Luckily I still have my old phone and can transfer the contacts over again, but it's odd this would happen at all. I'm wondering if it may have to do with google+, as I switched over sms to google+ hangouts this morning on the phone (but I can't see how this would make a difference). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are the contacts still loaded on the HTC transfer tool? Also, if you've ever sync'd contacts with Google you can go to system settings > accounts > Google and enable the box next to Contacts. That will sync your contacts from Google to the device.