Should I Buy the HTC One Before or After 3/25?

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm sporting the Evo 4G LTE on Sprint and have been eligible for an upgrade for a month. The more I think about it, I don't see much enticement from any phone out there right now or soon to be released that is that huge of a step up from the current HTC One. Im thinking about just buying a used One on eBay, (for around $250) and upgrading it to Kit Kat and Sense 5.5. $250 is the average price I've seen for a One in excellent condition.

My only question is, because I've never followed this trend before, do you think prices for the current One will drop after the New One gets announced and released or will they go up? The rationale behind thinking that the price would go up is if the New One disappoints, then people holding an old One would have better leverage.

Thanks for your input as I'm looking to pull the trigger either tonight or tomorrow if the situation warrants it.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm sporting the Evo 4G LTE on Sprint and have been eligible for an upgrade for a month. The more I think about it, I don't see much enticement from any phone out there right now or soon to be released that is that huge of a step up from the current HTC One. Im thinking about just buying a used One on eBay, (for around $250) and upgrading it to Kit Kat and Sense 5.5. $250 is the average price I've seen for a One in excellent condition.

My only question is, because I've never followed this trend before, do you think prices for the current One will drop after the New One gets announced and released or will they go up? The rationale behind thinking that the price would go up is if the New One disappoints, then people holding an old One would have better leverage.

Thanks for your input as I'm looking to pull the trigger either tonight or tomorrow if the situation warrants it.

I'd wait.

DannyDefinit

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I just recently purchased an HTC One (M7) about 3 weeks ago, knowing full well that the M8 will soon be released. I got a "Brand New" HTC One from eBay for $300. Happy with it so far.

I'm guessing the new M8 will cost $600 unsubsidized, so I save half of that by buying the previous model and not having to renew my contact.

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Not a bad choice really. The M7 is a great phone. Funny we have to use code names though lol. I wonder if the M9 will be the One too

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
HAHAA yeah it will be the all new 2015 HTC One Three M9.

To the OP, a week or two after launch day you might see prices drop further. Once the M8 is available for sale and a few people get them and review them a bunch of people, aka early adopters, will start to sell the M7 units.
I actually listed my TMO on CL Saturday in advance of me buying an M8. Supply and demand. This should work in your favor.
Sprint units also seem to be the cheapest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress