Why won't my HTC One M7 boot?

A

AC Question

HTC One M7 won't boot.

Hi,

I recently bought a refurbished, GSM unlocked HTC One M7 off ebay. It's in cosmetically great condition and worked for the first week I had it. This morning, however, it woke me up rebooting over and over- reboot loop. So, I factory reset it. It worked for the whole day until I decided to restart it, because some google apps were crashing on start- I assumed the massive amounts of newly installed apps needed a restart- like a pc...However, after restarting, it no longer progresses past the HTC One "with beats audio" welcome screen.

Things I tried:
* Factory resetting again.
* Recover.
* Everything I could in the (volume down + power) debug menu.
* Clearing the partition cache and factory resetting, 'erasing all user data'.

Note: When I booted into aforementioned debug mode, I got a 'cannot initialize SDCard ' error.

Finally, should I just return the phone- and reluctantly get another m7- or is there a simple fix for this?

Alternatively, would this problem happen again with the next m7, and should I instead get another phone.

Thank you for reading all this. I appreciate any suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M7 won't boot.

Welcome to Android Central! Since you only recently got the phone, I would send it back while you can. Was it factory refurbished? Is the seller a store with lots of ratings, or an individual?

Jonathan Gorr

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC One M7 won't boot.

I bought it seller-refurbished from an independent seller on ebay with good reviews- but you may already know that ebay reputation means nothing. I will return it. Thanks.