Is there a stock file manager? (files are getting lost)

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the google now launcher and its there in the app drawer. Not sure about the stock launcher though.

Just checked the stock launcher and polaris isn't there. Had to do a google search for it.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Love your tag line about the Armadillo, techitrucker!!!

I did check the app manager (great suggestion, btw!) and not only was it there (which I was very glad to see), it was not disabled. It does not show up in my app drawer. Any other suggestions?

Only thing I can suggest is installing a different launcher. Google Note launcher us pretty nice. They must have it hidden for some odd reason or another. I disabled it on mine. I have Office 365 do it was kind of redundant for my purposes. It showed up in the launcher when it was enabled though.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and i can't find Polaris on my phone to save my life! How exactly are you searching for it on google? When i go to the play store it says it's not compatible with my phone. I used to use Astro file manager but it looks like not much works with KitKat. wth.....

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just use a file Explorer and go to device>system>priv-app>

Scroll down to Polaris Office.apk and re-install it.

Make sure you have "install from unknown" checked in your security settings.

After you do that it will show up in the app drawer

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

robbski300

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and i can't find Polaris on my phone to save my life! How exactly are you searching for it on google? When i go to the play store it says it's not compatible with my phone. I used to use Astro file manager but it looks like not much works with KitKat. wth.....

I'm on Verizon, too. It wasn't showing up in my apps either, because it was disabled. If you go to the App Manager under settings and look under 'All', I'd think it would show up there. Enable it, if it does. I seriously hate Kit Kat, now. You've gotta jump through a lot of hoops to try and copy something to your external microSD card. I tried to copy something (music) from the phone to my external microSD card via the File Manager in the Polaris Office app, and NO DICE. I feel like I wasted $50 for a 64GB card because the only thing I can write to it are photos/videos that I take with my M8, or SOME apps. If I connect it to my iMac (after rebooting), I'm able to copy data to the external card. It's a pain! :)

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just use a file Explorer and go to device>system>priv-app>

Scroll down to Polaris Office.apk and re-install it.

Make sure you have "install from unknown" checked in your security settings.

After you do that it will show up in the app drawer

YAHTZEE! Thank you veddy much.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
No problem

Man, I did just what you said and it doesn't list it in my app draw. I can use it after installing the apk, but have to research for it and once found reinstall, then open it to use it.

What am I doing wrong? I did allow updates from ultra naughty sites!

Posted via Android Central App on my all new One

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Man, I did just what you said and it doesn't list it in my app draw. I can use it after installing the apk, but have to research for it and once found reinstall, then open it to use it.

What am I doing wrong? I did allow updates from ultra naughty sites!

Did you go to the priv-app folder in EX and click on it? When i clicked on it it gave me the option to reinstall it, and it then showed up in my stock apps folder. See if it is hidden. Before trying this i went a different route that gave me the option to "send to desktop" but never showed up in my apps, just on my main screen. Then i tried mike's method and bazinga...

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you go to the priv-app folder in EX and click on it? When i clicked on it it gave me the option to reinstall it, and it then showed up in my stock apps folder. See if it is hidden. Before trying this i went a different route that gave me the option to "send to desktop" but never showed up in my apps, just on my main screen. Then i tried mike's method and bazinga...

Did all of that and restarted my phone. I'm lost as to why it is not in my app draw, not even hidden... /cry