HTC ONE (M80) headphone jack problem

tony vang

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem? Only one side of the headphone works. I'll have to pull the plug out a little and twist it a bit until it worked. I've tried a couple of headphone apps to try to fix this issue and sometimes it's worked, but will go back to only one side after unplugging and replugging the headphones in.

I just purschased last friday so most likely will be going back to Tmo to do an exchange if no known fixes to this issue.

tony vang

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
i've tried 3 different headphones - but they all have mics.

they're put in all the way, i've tried twisting it and what not to see if it'll do anything, but no luck.

tony vang

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I might just try taking it to tmobile and see if i can exchange it for a new one - if not then i'll just keep it and see how it goes.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem? Only one side of the headphone works. I'll have to pull the plug out a little and twist it a bit until it worked. I've tried a couple of headphone apps to try to fix this issue and sometimes it's worked, but will go back to only one side after unplugging and replugging the headphones in.

I just purschased last friday so most likely will be going back to Tmo to do an exchange if no known fixes to this issue.

Mine works fine. One last thing to look for: check for any compressed lint in the headphone jack. That happened to me once and I used a small pin to snag it and pull it out, then all was good.

If not that, definitely just exchange!

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a case? And if so, is it blocking the plug from fully seating (Like cutout not wide enough)? That happened to me with another phone.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had no such problems. I would try to exchange it.

Hope you get it figured out. Good luck with your M80!

Posted via Android Central App

msg123

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Picked up my new M80 yesterday from a 3 store and I have the same problem so obviously a bad batch of phones out there,
I tried 5 different pairs of head phones including the ones in the box, and also ones without a microphone, so different plug format. All with the same result, only sound out of the right ear.
Will be taking the phone back this morning, if they say they can not exchange there and then, I will cancel my contract as still in the cooling off period.
Very disappointed that a premium phone could have passed the QC testing with these issues.

Last edited:

msg123

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Into 3 store in Havant at 09:00 with my problem phone, out by 09:20 with a replacement, checked and all working correctly.
Superb customer service!
Now happy with my new phone. :)

jrsnively1

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing this too, using skull candy 50/50's ... They work on other devices just not the m8. Audio only xcoming through one side...

Posted via Android Central App

fergalfrog

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have this same problem - tested head phones on other devices and tried other headphones. One ear is always not working when I plug in to the HTC One M8.
Very dissappointing since phone is almost brand new. Issue happened about a week after I bought the phone.

jvmirante

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
My Skull Candy buds do not work well with the M8. The sound fades in and out, or cuts out all together. The other two sets I have, iphone and HTC stock set, work just fine. Not sure why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress