Battery not as great...

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what could be the reason but I'm not getting the great battery life as everyone says. I'm trying to figure it out but I've seen people with eight hours of screen on time. I don't know what's the reason my battery seems pretty average. uploadfromtaptalk1398220649508.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd say that is pretty good. 11 hours on battery with about a third of that with the screen on if on par with what others are getting.

What is your screen brightness set at? Also, I see you only have 1 bar of signal strength, how is the coverage in your area?

2+ hours of wake time too. Something is keeping your phone awake.

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had one charge since having it since April 4th go under 6 hours screen time.

Once 14% hits with power saver on you will get another 30-40 mins easily with the auto brightness enabled. This is my best stat to date.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398223438221.jpg
    1398223438221.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 66

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd say that is pretty good. 11 hours on battery with about a third of that with the screen on if on par with what others are getting.

What is your screen brightness set at? Also, I see you only have 1 bar of signal strength, how is the coverage in your area?
That's how I pretty much always have my brightness set to, also yeah I always have about one bar of LTE everywhere, I'm in the metro Detroit area, Dearborn more specifically so I'm not sure if that's what's causing it. I've heard CDMA is more of battery killer than GSM but I didn't think it the difference would be that noticeable.uploadfromtaptalk1398223839049.jpg

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had one charge since having it since April 4th go under 6 hours screen time.

Once 14% hits with power saver on you will get another 30-40 mins easily with the auto brightness enabled. This is my best stat to date.

Yeah I don't know why my battery is not lasting as well as others. Having that much screen on time is great. Do you have conserve CPU usage on when you turn on power saver and when do you have it turn on?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I don't know why my battery is not lasting as well as others. Having that much screen on time is great. Do you have conserve CPU usage on when you turn on power saver and when do you have it turn on?

Keep in mind a smartphone is still a phone. It will kill itself to maintain a weak voice signal.
When did you get the device?

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind a smartphone is still a phone. It will kill itself to maintain a weak voice signal.
When did you get the device?

I got the phone on April 2nd. I thought though that the voice signal is completely different from the data signal, like I will have one bar of LTE but when I place a call it will show the bars for CDMA and I will have full bars.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what could be the reason but I'm not getting the great battery life as everyone says. I'm trying to figure it out but I've seen people with eight hours of screen on time. I don't know what's the reason my battery seems pretty average. View attachment 114293

Looks fairly good to me for a stock battery, 11 hours with over 4 of screen on usage.

Only thing I would suggest would be to download lux brightness to save you a little battery life by changing the hue of your screen

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks fairly good to me for a stock battery, 11 hours with over 4 of screen on usage.

Only thing I would suggest would be to download lux brightness to save you a little battery life by changing the hue of your screen

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

Okay I might give that a try and see what I can figure out, I mean four hours of screen on time is still pretty good, but I'm only thinking it's average because of some people managing six to eight hours of screen on time.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Says your app usage is 28.5%. Could it be a rogue app at all?

I've yet to get under 6 hours screen time on my One. Battery life has been stellar for me.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got the phone on April 2nd. I thought though that the voice signal is completely different from the data signal, like I will have one bar of LTE but when I place a call it will show the bars for CDMA and I will have full bars.

Ok, so the battery is past it's break in cycle. But yes, a device will kill itself for such a weak signal.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Says your app usage is 28.5%. Could it be a rogue app at all?

I've yet to get under 6 hours screen time on my One. Battery life has been stellar for me.
I'm not sure, I will have to check again tomorrow and report back to see how it goes. Yeah that's what I mean I managed to break four hours of screen on time before power saver kicked in which is why I'm questioning my battery a little bit.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so the battery is past it's break in cycle. But yes, a device will kill itself for such a weak signal.

Okay tomorrow I will try to go the day on CDMA only and see what kind of difference in battery life I'm getting and I'll report back around 9:00 P.M. or when my battery hits about 15%

Harime

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I managed to get 2 days and a half with medium intensity usage on the phone, the only trick was activating plane mode while sleeping at night.

I would say the battery is amazing.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
This is how my battery life was today. Still not that good with CDMA only and I had power saver on for a couple of hours too. uploadfromtaptalk1398305361584.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa