HTC Backup

boot loops

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have to exchange an M8 out due to a build defect, and so far I haven't been able to bring myself to turn on HTC Backup because of the agreements you have to make to allow HTC access to basic account info, Google Drive, access to and the ability to post to my Google+ feed, and even my Google+ circles info and some of the info on those people. I understand the Drive requirement, and maybe ... maybe I can get past the basic account info request, but - is the Google+ thing anything more than a blatant attempt to either post something about HTC on my feed or steal my contacts info? Am I missing something here and this is actually legit? Not that I use Google+ for all that much our really care about it, but I try not to open myself up to companies profiting from me and my data when I'm not paying attention.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It needs access to restore contact info etc. I used it when I exchanged my m8. Before you restore, go into Google play and turn off automatic updates. Otherwise it will start reinstalling apps while HTC backup is restoring and it will mess up your settings.

Posted via Android Central App