Couple Issues I am having. "Ok Google" and Widget Locker

Justintoxicated

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
1) One thing I noticed vs the S5 I picked up is that I can't be one the homescreen and say "Ok Google" to bring up the google voice commands. This works very well on the S5, and does nothing on teh HTC M8.

Open Mic+ will enable the "Ok Google" command to work at any time, but it seems to get false positives. This is a shame....

2) Widget Locker, well it works but it kind of defeats the "swipe up" to wake and unlock the phone. Instead swipe up just wakes the phone and takes me to the lockscreen using widgelocker. So I guess I could live with this, but then when I tried to unlock the phone the on screen buttons pop up over the unlock controll making it more difficult to unlock...Is there a way to disable the onscreen buttons on the lockscreen?

Also with the beautiful widgets date time, when i touch to change the setting I get a message that "HTC does not allow to start the calendar" how do I fix this?

I am using widget locker because I want more customization options on the homescreen.

3) What is the point in wake by knocking, I mean even after you wake the phone you still have to unlock it?

Attachments

• widgetlocker.jpg
    widgetlocker.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 35

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about widget locker, but on Google now it only works if you swipe up from the home button and say "ok google" from the Google now screen

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8

Dogmann

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
@Justintoxicated

I am using Beautiful Widgets and have set it up using BW Today 2x1 widget and BW Text Clock 2x1 widget and by going into the BW settings I have set it up so that when tapped it takes me to my Google Calendar app and it works with no issues and by tapping the clock it takes me to the Alarm app and that also works without issue to. My M8 is an unbranded WWE version in case yours is branded and that may be the problem but i don't see why that would be the case.

Marc

Justintoxicated

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
yea I cannot access the calendar from BW it appears I am locked out of it for some reason. Other calendar widgets seem to be able to access it fine though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38