Strange Wallpaper....

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I always used HTC Backup for my EVO 4G LTE and it worked great to restore everything, especially after installing the 4.3 RUU updates. It would even restore my favorite wall paper. So when I got the M8 I signed in to let it set up my new phone. It worked great. All my email accounts and apps were automatically installed, but since that old wallpaper isn't in the M8, it left it as is. I put my old 32 gb card in and everything recognized everything.
Yesterday, about a week and a half later, I unlocked my phone and realized my old EVO wallpaper was installed. I didn't do it and I still can't find it in the wall papers or gallery. It's just there. I have no clue why or how it did it or why it did it over a week later.......

richardrk

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
HTC has been pretty good the last couple of years of being able to backup a huge number of things that only the Nexus devices have been able to do. And wallpaper backup is one of them. You won't find it anywhere in your phone as its kept as a temp file. But nonetheless... Its there. Hope that helps.

Posted via Android Central App

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC has been pretty good the last couple of years of being able to backup a huge number of things that only the Nexus devices have been able to do. And wallpaper backup is one of them. You won't find it anywhere in your phone as its kept as a temp file. But nonetheless... Its there. Hope that helps.

Posted via Android Central App
I was hoping I could find it so that I could switch back and forth with new wallpaper. Once I try something new this one is gone....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruno1099