Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

12-23-2014 01:13 AM
54 123
tools
    How do I know for sure it is working properly? I'm in an area of my home that has always had spotty coverage in my basement and I just sent a text that seemed to take longer than usual, about the same time it took before the WiFi calling update. Under WiFi calling settings, it says I'm connected. Is there any way to confirm that it is indeed working like it should?
    The only way I know it's working is the huge Icon in the upper left of a phone lying on it's back with WiFi coming out of it. Took no time at all to set up, reboot, activate and then verify the address.
    07-16-2014 04:20 PM
    The only way I know it's working is the huge Icon in the upper left of a phone lying on it's back with WiFi coming out of it. Took no time at all to set up, reboot, activate and then verify the address.
    Welp, that answers my question. Don't see an icon, yet it says its all connected and I confirmed my address.
    07-16-2014 04:25 PM
    Can anybody tell me how to enable the hd voice calling? I can't find the icon anywhere. I checked the app tray and the call app while on a WiFi call and I didn't see it.
    07-16-2014 05:01 PM
    I'd like to know that too, I can tell when speaking with my wife on Sprint the call is unbelievably loud and clear compared to when I call others on ATT or VZW, but don't see an Icon letting me know it is on.
    07-16-2014 05:08 PM
    Can anybody tell me how to enable the hd voice calling? I can't find the icon anywhere. I checked the app tray and the call app while on a WiFi call and I didn't see it.
    You don't. It will use it when available.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    07-16-2014 06:24 PM
    I'd like to know that too, I can tell when speaking with my wife on Sprint the call is unbelievably loud and clear compared to when I call others on ATT or VZW, but don't see an Icon letting me know it is on.
    AT&T and Verizon don't have HD voice yet so it won't work. If I'm not mistaken it's mainly a carrier to same carrier thing at the moment. Such as I only get HD voice when calling other T-Mobile customers.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    07-16-2014 06:26 PM
    Thanks for the info Almeuit. I was under the impression that it had to be user activated.
    07-16-2014 07:04 PM
    Still getting authentication error even after rebooting over 5 times. Anyone have this problem as well and find a way to resolve it?
    kct1975 likes this.
    07-16-2014 07:38 PM
    mine had trouble authenticating at first, then I updated my profile and PRL and tried again.
    it worked perfectly after that.
    07-16-2014 08:40 PM
    Have any of you noticed improved battery life since updating?

Sent from my HTC One M8
    07-17-2014 01:04 AM
    Well I've been trying to use the WiFi calling and while the calls connect, it is actually worse than the regular calls even with the weak signal I have. Sounds going on and out. The volume being extremely low. And any calls to a business that has an answering service is terrible. And I have a pretty good home WiFi, 50mbps down and 25 up. I hope everyone else's experience isn't the same.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-17-2014 06:44 AM
    Ok< Im thinking of getting this phone. Dont know if I can use it on a prepaid, but if not, thinking of leaving Sprint for Tmobile because of the speed issue and I can save money. So does Wifi calling allow me to not use minutes on a plan?
    07-17-2014 09:36 AM
    By the way, this happened while I was on Twitter yesterday, just so y'all know. Android 4.4.4 is still happening for us.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint M8 Updated with WiFi Calling-1405617524884.jpg  
    07-17-2014 12:19 PM
    Still getting authentication error even after rebooting over 5 times. Anyone have this problem as well and find a way to resolve it?
    Check out this thread on Sprint Commmunity:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mob...sions%2F166274

I followed the steps suggested by Repro1 and it worked!
    07-18-2014 08:22 AM
    I'm not having issues with Wifi calling, but I have an issue now with SD card encryption that I can't seem to disable. It forced me into a lock screen that I don't want, and I'd like to disable that. The check box to turn on/off card encryption is greyed out.
    07-18-2014 12:27 PM
    Has anyone been able to get a GPS lock in any program since enabling WiFi Calling? My hardware-based GPS is no longer working.
    doc31 likes this.
    07-23-2014 07:53 AM
    Has anyone been able to get a GPS lock in any program since enabling WiFi Calling? My hardware-based GPS is no longer working.
    I just tried it on my home network and had a GPS lock on all programs including Maps, Accu weather and Yellow Pages... no problem here.
    07-23-2014 09:58 AM
    I just tried it on my home network and had a GPS lock on all programs including Maps, Accu weather and Yellow Pages... no problem here.
    I'm talking hardware GPS lock - Have you confirmed that you're connected to satellites after enabling WiFi Calling?

Try an app like GPS Status & Toolbox and please confirm. Thanks!
    07-23-2014 10:17 AM
    I'm talking hardware GPS lock - Have you confirmed that you're connected to satellites after enabling WiFi Calling?

Try an app like GPS Status & Toolbox and please confirm. Thanks!
    Huh, that's weird. Just tried that and at least according to the app I'm not connected to satellites. At the same time though, I do get a location lock just fine even off of Wifi and without the Wifi scanning for location turned on. So... Definitely strange but at least it still works. Maybe it's a bug with displaying connected satellites rather than connecting to them.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    07-23-2014 11:10 AM
    Huh, that's weird. Just tried that and at least according to the app I'm not connected to satellites. At the same time though, I do get a location lock just fine even off of Wifi and without the Wifi scanning for location turned on. So... Definitely strange but at least it still works. Maybe it's a bug with displaying connected satellites rather than connecting to them.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    You're definitely not connected to satellites. All you have to try and do is use GPS Navigation. That's when I first noticed it. Navigation won't work at all, as the location won't update as you move. That's how I know it's broken.

I've called Sprint and posted on my Twitter about it already, but we need more people to call Sprint and tell them about the issue. It's one of those things you won't realize is a problem until you need to navigate somewhere, and that's exactly when you don't want to find out.
    07-23-2014 11:12 AM
    You're definitely not connected to satellites. All you have to try and do is use GPS Navigation. That's when I first noticed it. Navigation won't work at all, as the location won't update as you move. That's how I know it's broken.

I've called Sprint and posted on my Twitter about it already, but we need more people to call Sprint and tell them about the issue. It's one of those things you won't realize is a problem until you need to navigate somewhere, and that's exactly when you don't want to find out.
    I definitely have been connected after the update, but you're right that there is a bug as it's now not working for me again. I'll tweet sprintcare.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    Captain_Throwback likes this.
    07-23-2014 01:35 PM

I tried using the navigator yesterday with no luck as well. The location emblem would point whichever direction the back of the phone faced, and wouldn't update location quickly as I moved. I ended up missing a turn because I didn't realize what was going on.

Glad to know I'm not the only one having the issue. Is there a quick fix?
    kct1975 likes this.
    07-23-2014 01:36 PM
    I tried using the navigator yesterday with no luck as well. The location emblem would point whichever direction the back of the phone faced, and wouldn't update location quickly as I moved. I ended up missing a turn because I didn't realize what was going on.

Glad to know I'm not the only one having the issue. Is there a quick fix?
    You can do a ##SCRTN# in the dialer and reset your data config to trigger a hands-free activation when the device reboots.

This will get it working as long as you don't turn on WiFi Calling again.
    07-23-2014 01:42 PM
    Been having a lot of issues with GPS after the update. A reboot usually clears it up, but is becoming a pain. I turned wifi calling off to see if it helps.
    07-23-2014 02:17 PM
    Profile updates can get it back to working order without a reboot, but it's super buggy and it'll go back to not working after a few switches from Wifi to mobile.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    07-23-2014 02:18 PM
54 123