Sprint M8 Updated with WiFi Calling

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I will probably just keep my Airave on for now so I don't have the lame icon in the notification bar bugging me all the time. I know I can turn WiFi calling off and on when I leave the house, but it would be a pain to remember each time coming and going.

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
How do I know for sure it is working properly? I'm in an area of my home that has always had spotty coverage in my basement and I just sent a text that seemed to take longer than usual, about the same time it took before the WiFi calling update. Under WiFi calling settings, it says I'm connected. Is there any way to confirm that it is indeed working like it should?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
How do I know for sure it is working properly? I'm in an area of my home that has always had spotty coverage in my basement and I just sent a text that seemed to take longer than usual, about the same time it took before the WiFi calling update. Under WiFi calling settings, it says I'm connected. Is there any way to confirm that it is indeed working like it should?
The only way I know it's working is the huge Icon in the upper left of a phone lying on it's back with WiFi coming out of it. Took no time at all to set up, reboot, activate and then verify the address.

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
The only way I know it's working is the huge Icon in the upper left of a phone lying on it's back with WiFi coming out of it. Took no time at all to set up, reboot, activate and then verify the address.

Welp, that answers my question. Don't see an icon, yet it says its all connected and I confirmed my address.

canadianR6

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Can anybody tell me how to enable the hd voice calling? I can't find the icon anywhere. I checked the app tray and the call app while on a WiFi call and I didn't see it.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know that too, I can tell when speaking with my wife on Sprint the call is unbelievably loud and clear compared to when I call others on ATT or VZW, but don't see an Icon letting me know it is on.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Can anybody tell me how to enable the hd voice calling? I can't find the icon anywhere. I checked the app tray and the call app while on a WiFi call and I didn't see it.

You don't. It will use it when available.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know that too, I can tell when speaking with my wife on Sprint the call is unbelievably loud and clear compared to when I call others on ATT or VZW, but don't see an Icon letting me know it is on.

AT&T and Verizon don't have HD voice yet so it won't work. If I'm not mistaken it's mainly a carrier to same carrier thing at the moment. Such as I only get HD voice when calling other T-Mobile customers.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Still getting authentication error even after rebooting over 5 times. Anyone have this problem as well and find a way to resolve it?

lyriciss

May 23, 2014
Visit site
mine had trouble authenticating at first, then I updated my profile and PRL and tried again.
it worked perfectly after that.

Carkid367

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I've been trying to use the WiFi calling and while the calls connect, it is actually worse than the regular calls even with the weak signal I have. Sounds going on and out. The volume being extremely low. And any calls to a business that has an answering service is terrible. And I have a pretty good home WiFi, 50mbps down and 25 up. I hope everyone else's experience isn't the same.

Posted via Android Central App

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok< Im thinking of getting this phone. Dont know if I can use it on a prepaid, but if not, thinking of leaving Sprint for Tmobile because of the speed issue and I can save money. So does Wifi calling allow me to not use minutes on a plan?

lyriciss

May 23, 2014
Visit site
By the way, this happened while I was on Twitter yesterday, just so y'all know. Android 4.4.4 is still happening for us.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1405617524884.jpg
    1405617524884.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 35

Overboost

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having issues with Wifi calling, but I have an issue now with SD card encryption that I can't seem to disable. It forced me into a lock screen that I don't want, and I'd like to disable that. The check box to turn on/off card encryption is greyed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non