AT&T 4.4.3 Update Now Available!

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So, some have mentioned the update is now out for ATT Htc M8, earlier. If you missed it, well go ahead and update, and here's what you'll get...

1.) Settings: NOTIFICATION LIGHT. There is Flash Notifications and App Notifications . Flash can be changed to Always On or When Screen is Off.

2.) A few new ringtones.

3.) A new native FILE MANAGER app. No more are you required to install a seperate File Manager App, and it looks nice and works great.

4.) Battery Usage Details expanded. You can get usage details by specific preloaded time options (eg, 1hr, 6 hrs, 2 days, etc). Also, you have different battery usage sections, to view running apps for 'All Time', when 'Screen Off'.

5.) You can now disable ATT Address Book, and if you disabled the Browser Bar, it will be removed out of view in Settings.

6.) Flash Player, in the IE Browser, is back. You don't need to install a seperate Flash apk, from online. I've deleted mine, and it still works. Just make sure to turn it on in the Browser settings.

7.)Camera adds a new PAUSE function for your video recording needs. Some other changes, but none that stood out.

8.)ATT automatically signs you up for SMS cloud storage. You must go online, as a primary account holder, to Add/Change Service-Web, Text, and More-Web Messeges-Remove ATT SMS cloud backup. You can also call customer service to remove the service, but you cannot do this through chat.
*Backup ONLY works on cellular data(ie Not Wifi), and data usage rates WILL apply.*

9.)General Quick Setting Icon and name changes, native app UI enhancements, security patches.

10.)'Clear All' option in Messaging. Also, you can edit the main lockscreen for alerts quickly. You press and hold the main lock screen, and drag it to edit.

Any other changes you've noticed?

Gold made Sense, on my Htc One M8.

jdm4u

Samsungian
Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I"ve been having problems with my phone since updating it earlier today. My battery is draining really fast, around twice as fast as before if not more. My apps aren't able to update. Whenever I try downloading a new app it gives me a 961 code error and no new apps install. SMS is not sending through hangouts and the cloud backup isn't active on my regular messaging app so not sure what the issue is. It's getting really frustrating.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I"ve been having problems with my phone since updating it earlier today. My battery is draining really fast, around twice as fast as before if not more.
That sounds like what happened to some m7 people when they updated their OS. Try a system cache clear to fix the battery issue, and if you're lucky it may fix the other issues as well.
Turn off Fastboot if you have it enabled
Turn off your phone
Press and hold the Volume Down key.
Press and release the Power key to turn the phone on.
Continue holding the Volume Down.
Release the Volume Down key when the three Android images appear on the bottom of the screen.
Press the Volume Down key once to move the cursor from FASTBOOT to RECOVERY.
Press the Power key to begin the wipe.
The device displays the bootup screen followed by a phone with a red triangle.
Press the Up Volume key and Power key at the same time.
Press the Down Volume key three times to select Wipe cache partition.
Press the Power key to initiate the wipe.
Wait until the phone displays Cache wipe complete.
Press the Power key to select Reboot system now.

dra

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have is the battery draining, I have had no other issues that others have had since my update yesterday morning.

UPDATE:
since my post two hours ago, I did a full shut down and kept the phone off for almost 15min Wich seemed like an hour but as of 6pm I was at 100% but now I am 93% as of 6:54 so my draining battery has slowed down to almost normal.
c02f536d1c28bea8ada03416a8773b8b.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up guys...Will wait till everything is fixed

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Good idea guys, hold off on the update until further notice. Many of you have reported issues, and I have had a few. It can be manageable, but be patient while ATT and HTC come up with a fix. Those who have already updated, should receive an automatic push to do another update for patchwork, while anyone else will have to wait until the final go ahead from ATT.

Bryan Resch

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Then maybe that's why I am having issues with loading YouTube videos. I tried my laptop and it went right up on the screen quick. Wish I never updated to 4.4.3 now 😵

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
How long before they fix what ever they added (AT&T) and re-release it??? The other versions that were released more then a month ago don't have issues...
Once again the iPhone 6 is looming and AT&T has NO urgency for an HTC product. Apple definitely has the smartest deal with their own software releases.