UK Three Mobile Users - M8

Kryton82

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone installed the 4.4.3 update? If so how is it running for you? I got my M8 a week ago and received the update notification. I haven't installed it due to reading posts on issues, albeit from American M8 owners. Just wondered if any UK M8 owners had issues with the update?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
yeah got the update a month back, no issues. If anything it improved a few things for me: no more lag on Hangouts or Swiftkey and I felt the battery life was improved ever so slightly.

On a separate note, my three signal keeps dipping. Not linked to the phone as I tried my number in my nexus 5 and the same happened. Very frustrating.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I wish the update had fixed SwiftKey lag for me. The key press animations are so slow I find it unusable!! I had read from others that it had improved it but not for me

Posted via Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
That's a shame, yeah I noticed instantly Swiftkey had improved. I no longer use it, using google keyboard and that's perfect :) also using Textra instead of Hangouts for a while to see if that's better

Posted via the Android Central App

Kryton82

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Ran the update last night and working all good for me. I don't use swiftkey as although good I tend to find it annoying eventually so can't comment on it's improvements or lack of it. I'm getting the same issue with the signal, also happens with a different phone so don't know what 3 are doing.

The update fixed the LED notifications, I wasn't getting the flashing LED when new txts etc came but now all fine. Battery life I felt was good before so if it has improved that then even better.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Using Google keyboard too. To be honest the animations lag on the stock HTC keyboard too so it's probably a bug that I need to do a factory reset to sort out but can't be bothered! Google keyboard is the best because can turn off the pop up animations

Posted via Android Central App