"Sorry you cannot attach this to your message." Can't attach copy/paste images to text directly.\
    I keep getting that error when I am surfing and see a picture, then copy it but it wont paste it to the text box. My iPhone could do this, why can't my M8?
    11-02-2014 02:41 AM
    Where are you trying to paste the image? Are you trying to attach it to an email, or paste it directly to the body of an email? Or are you composing a document and trying to paste it there?

On my Nexus 5, I was able to paste an image directly into an email (using the Gmail app). As a test, I searched for an image on Google using the Chrome browser, tapped the image to make it full screen, then long-pressed the image until the menu came up. I selected Copy Image, then went to the Gmail app, long pressed in the body of the email and tapped Paste. What showed up in the compose box was a nondescript small box, but when I sent the email, the full image appeared.

Another way to approach this is to long-press the image and select Save Image. You can then attach that image file to your email. Or you can select that image file and Share it using any number of apps (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
    11-03-2014 01:02 AM
    Where are you trying to paste the image? Are you trying to attach it to an email, or paste it directly to the body of an email? Or are you composing a document and trying to paste it there?

On my Nexus 5, I was able to paste an image directly into an email (using the Gmail app). As a test, I searched for an image on Google using the Chrome browser, tapped the image to make it full screen, then long-pressed the image until the menu came up. I selected Copy Image, then went to the Gmail app, long pressed in the body of the email and tapped Paste. What showed up in the compose box was a nondescript small box, but when I sent the email, the full image appeared.

Another way to approach this is to long-press the image and select Save Image. You can then attach that image file to your email. Or you can select that image file and Share it using any number of apps (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
    As I said, I was trying to paste it to text box. While texting..
    11-03-2014 04:54 AM
    Text box can mean a lot of things, so thank you for the clarification.

In that situation, I think you may have to download the image, then attach it as a file.
    11-03-2014 10:32 AM
    Text box can mean a lot of things, so thank you for the clarification.

In that situation, I think you may have to download the image, then attach it as a file.
    Oh OK, I'm so used to just copying and pasting directly into the text box while texting I figured it was the same as my iPhone 5s. This is the only grip I have with this phone other then that its my favorite phone of all time and hope it lasts 2 more years.

Thanks for your help B diddy.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-03-2014 12:43 PM
    Anyonen figure a way to directly copy and paste images into the text message box successfully?
    11-25-2014 09:11 PM
    Press and hold image, when the options pop up choose share, then choose messages, type in the recipient and send. Do it all of the time, this is the way Android does it, not just an HTC thing.
    11-26-2014 07:56 PM
    Does the image have to be saved first?
    11-26-2014 09:32 PM
    Does the image have to be saved first?
    No, when you hold it the phone will pop out some options, hold it or long press depending on what you want to call it. Choose Share Image, then the list of available ways to share will pop up, choose messages. Doesn't get much easier, try it you won't break anything, just hit the back button to exit out.
    11-27-2014 08:18 AM
    I tried it, there was no option to share it unless it was already downloaded on the phone. I tried it on google images and could not copy the image only open in new tab or save it. No option to share.

T-Mobile m8 using chrome.
    11-27-2014 07:26 PM
    Never thought about it, but I use FireFox, I will try it with Chrome just for giggles.
    11-27-2014 07:54 PM
    OK, Chrome doesn't make it easy. I saved the picture and then the only way I could text it was to open the Gallery, downloads then share it from there with messages.
    11-27-2014 08:00 PM