How can I delete inaccurate or duplicate groups in group text on Textra (HTC One M8)?

chris newsom1

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Group texting problem using Textra on HTC One M8

Help! I've spent hours trying to solve this before coming to the experts. When composing a group message using Textra, it takes me to the pick recipients screen. Fine. From there I have a choice of Groups, People, Favorites, etc.. Now, when I select "groups" it displays duplicate group names such as "family" 10 contacts, then "family" 5 contacts. Or "work" 30 contacts, then "work" 2 contacts. How can I clean this up and delete inaccurate or duplicate groups? Where does Textra populate its contacts list from? Thanks

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Group texting problem using Textra on HTC One M8

In the contacts setting theres the favorites option, maybe try there.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Vigen Khachikyan

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Help! I've spent hours trying
I to solve this before coming to the experts. When composing a group message using Textra, it takes me to the pick recipients screen. Fine. From there I have a choice of Groups, People, Favorites, etc.. Now, when I select "groups" it displays duplicate group names such as "family" 10 contacts, then "family" 5 contacts. Or "work" 30 contacts, then "work" 2 contacts. How can I clean this up and delete inaccurate or duplicate groups? Where does Textra populate its contacts list from? Thanks

Has anyone found a solution??? I'm faced with the same problem. In my regular phone contacts I have a group with 30 contacts in it and in Textra I have 4 groups with different number right contacts in each one. Doesn't even add up to 30. One of the duplicates in Textra has more than 36!

kiretaro

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Fixed this by

1) turn off phone
2) go to Google contact web site on a PC and make it look the way you want
3) turn on phone and go to Google Contacts app (this is database that message apps looks at), and delete/remove the incorrect groups
4) turn off phone
5) turn on phone

That fixed it for me

DoublEdgPhoto

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
The problem with the fix stated here is, no duplicate groups appear in the Contacts Application.

And I have tried 4 different SMS programs including the 2 that come with Android (5.0.1). These are the following applications used:

ChompSMS
Textra

Google has not acknowledged this issue. By the way, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5. This same issue has been around since I incurred the same problem on the Galaxy S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch